WIll Palin wear a wire like Bush did during his debates?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by ucatchtrout, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ucatchtrout

ucatchtrout Well-Known Member

Palin is a moron.

Biden is going to make mincemeat out of her in the debate.

Last time the Republicans were in this situtation they put a wire on W and had Cheney Rove or somebody whisper the answers into his ear. I wonder if they will do that with Palin.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

keep on hyping up how bad she is, you're lowering the bar of expectations every time you do. if she performs even remotely decently, its a win for her.

same thing happened when she accepted the nomination.

3. ucatchtrout

Look, you've seen the Couric interview and the Gibson interview. Much different than reading from a teleprompter before a cheering crowd. She is gonna have to speak off the cuff. W couldn't do it without a wire in 2004. What makes you think she is capable of getting through a 90 minute debate when she can't do a ten minute interview?

4. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

I'm glad you all held Obama to the same standard in the primaries you're holding Palin to now in the general election.

Oh wait...

5. ucatchtrout

Oh come on. Obama can at least tell you what the freakin Bush Doctrine is.

Have you seen the Couric and Gibson interviews? If you have you can't honestly compare those two.

6. AgentDrazenPetrovic

I haven't watched the Couric interview or the Gibson media. Sounds like you're a pawn of the MSM.

7. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

That is because the Bush doctrine is something he uses to attack McCain, he wants to associate McCain with Bush as much as possible. (which is a smart idea, as Bush is clearly not popular at this time) The concept is essentially introduced and emphasized for this election campaign.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  8. AgentDrazenPetrovic

what the hell is the Bush Doctrine? Its just a fluffy term invented by MSM and journalists, no?

9. ucatchtrout

Bush Doctrine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    President Bush makes remarks in 2006 during a press conference in the Rose Garden about Iran's nuclear ambitions and discusses North Korea's nuclear test.
    President Bush makes remarks in 2006 during a press conference in the Rose Garden about Iran's nuclear ambitions and discusses North Korea's nuclear test.

The Bush Doctrine is a phrase used to describe various related foreign policy principles of United States president George W. Bush, created in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks. The phrase initially described the policy that the United States had the right to treat countries that harbor or give aid to terrorist groups as terrorists themselves, which was used to justify the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan.[1] Later it came to include additional elements, including the controversial policy of preventive war, which held that the United States should depose foreign regimes that represented a potential or perceived threat to the security of the United States, even if that threat was not immediate (used to justify the 2003 invasion of Iraq); a policy of supporting democracy around the world, especially in the Middle East, as a strategy for combating the spread of terrorism; and a willingness to pursue U.S. military interests in a unilateral way.[2][3][4] Some of these policies were codified in a National Security Council text entitled the National Security Strategy of the United States published on September 20, 2002.[5]

10. AgentDrazenPetrovic

who coined the phrase?

Its a very broad definition. "George Bush's generalized foreign policies". oh wow!

11. ucatchtrout

palin on the bush doctrine

[video=youtube;Z75QSExE0jU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU[/video]

12. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Someone who watches a TV interview is a pawn of the MSM?

barfo

13. AgentDrazenPetrovic

yes. I get my news from international sources.

14. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Which international source has interviewed Palin?

barfo

15. AgentDrazenPetrovic

I don't think any.

I'm waiting for the debates. I just have a general distaste for American news. Its so shitty and crappy.

16. ucatchtrout

Her third nationally televised interview, with CBS anchor Katie Couric, found Palin rambling, marginally responsive and even more adrift than during her network debut with ABC’s Charles Gibson.

In a 40-minute session with Couric that aired Wednesday and Thursday nights, the Alaska governor defended her puzzling claim that geographic proximity makes her some sort of expert on Russia; went nearly blank when queried about McCain's achievements as a big-business regulator; agreed America "may find itself" on the road to another Great Depression; and, promoting a troop surge in Afghanistan, casually suggested that it "will lead us to victory there, as it has proven to have done in Iraq."

she struggled to respond to Couric's suggestion that the $700-billion bailout might be better funneled through middle-class families instead of Wall Street firms.

"That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in . . ." Palin began, before meandering off in fruitless pursuit of coherence.

But I'll let the governor speak for herself:

" . . . where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

It didn't go much better for Palin when she tried to clarify the mystery of what her state's proximity to Russia has taught her about that nation. Anyone south of the Arctic Circle would have seen this question coming and had a ready answer. But seemingly not the governor.

"We have trade missions back and forth," Palin told Couric. "We, we do, it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to, to our state."

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,3542588.story

17. AgentDrazenPetrovic

That's all you see....BS!

18. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

To be honest the term didn`t come into common use until recently. I hadn`t heard of it until this year. I would much more often hear different terms like George Bush`s war on terror, or fight against the axis of evil, etc.

19. ucatchtrout

[video=youtube;Vbg6hF0nShQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg6hF0nShQ[/video]

the last ten seconds were the best

20. AgentDrazenPetrovic

she looks like she needs to get laid. hopefully her hubby sticks it in her butt the night before.