Young throws for 387 yards, including game-winning TD to Britt

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by CelticKing, Dec 1, 2009.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Young throws for 387 yards, including game-winning TD to Britt

On rubbery legs, Titans coach Jeff Fisher summed up what everyone just saw.

"You guys don't mind if I sit down and do this do you? OK. WOW! What a great finish!" Fisher said as he slumped behind the podium. "We've had some finishes around here, but I can't remember one like that. Just a tremendous finish."

Vince Young outdueled Matt Leinart again with yet another spectacular winning drive. He hit a leaping Kenny Britt for a 10-yard touchdown as time expired, and the Tennessee Titans rallied to beat the Arizona Cardinals 20-17 Sunday for their fifth straight victory.

Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt compared the disappointment to losing the Super Bowl in February.

"It's as close to that as possible because we knew today that it would be difficult against this team, and our team rallied and pulled together. When you're six seconds away from winning it, it makes it even tougher," Whisenhunt said.

"There's not a lot you can do when he extends the play like that," Whisenhunt added of Young.

Young won his ninth straight start and improved to 23-11 in his career by driving the Titans 99 yards on 18 plays in the final 2:37. He converted three fourth downs on the drive, two to Britt. He threw for a career-high 387 yards in beating Leinart in their first meeting as professionals and first overall since the BCS national championship in January 2006.

2. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

With Vince Young on the field opens up more dominance from Chris Johnson.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

He should have started from beginning I think.

4. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I agree with you CK. I liked VY when he came out of college. I don't think he got the chance to play that he deserved.

5. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

vince young is a winner, and he is playing for a job. if he sucked, he would have gotten cut next year.