11/18 Game Preview:Sixers vs Spurs.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by B.e., Nov 17, 2004.

1. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Man, that was a game till the end we went into the 3rd leading by 4 if I'm not mistaken, Kyle Korver was shooting lights out he shot 7-11. I was like why didnt I hear about this guy before he got drafted? Andre Iguodala had an average game giving up minutes to Salmons but Iggy had that sick dunk, why didnt the gaurd him? If Anyone's got that dunk on there CPU, I'd appreciate it if you could send me it or atleast provide me with a link..

2. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Man you hate it when you set a record like that, lowest points or something. Korver had a good game though, 17 points.

3. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

I'll share a though that I heard another fan say on their way out of the game last night: Is San Antonio really that good or is Philly just really that bad?

4. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Spurs are really that good, Philly played hard too, but just wasn't enough I guess.

5. Erin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting D-Mob:</div><div class="quote_post">Philly played hard too, but just wasn't enough I guess.</div>

Excluding the 1st quarter and end of the 4th, I guess you're right.

6. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Tough one, but you can definitely see that the 76ers need size to compete in this league and we don't have it.

Also the offensive rebounds friggin killed us last night. I thought they had it though.

7. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I couldn't be any happier with the 76ers performance. Despite only scoring 6 points in the 1st quarter, they gave one hell of a fight. Just think if we scored at least 17 Points in the 1st quarter, hey I think we would be the one with the W. But regardless of the lost, their effort showed some promise for this season and I couldn?t be any happier.

And is it me, but is Kyle Korver pushing for a starting spot? Personally, I think he would be a little better off the bench because he lacks in other aspects of the game (passing and defending) even though he improved on them during the offseason, he still lacks in those categories. Well whatever the case may be, Kyle Korver has been very, very impressive thus far in this season. Also, Jim O'Brien seriously needs to get Samuel Dalembert back in the starting lineup. Dalembert has been great since he came back from the injury and he also had one hell of a game not to mention, his most notable performance was defending Tim Duncan, which was excellent.

Next up?the Miami Heat. Unlike this game, the 76ers have a much better chance. If O?Brien plays it smart and mimic Larry Brown defensive scheme against the Lakers in last year NBA Finals, the 76ers have a good chance at taking this game. Shaq is going to dominate regardless, but if the 76ers can contain Dwayne Wade (which won?t be easy) and the currently ice cold Eddie Jones, the 76ers should/could take this game. And just a quick little fact, the Heat has not been very impressive thus far as you might think. They beat the Bucks twice, Wizards twice and a freebie team like the Charlotte Bobcats. So I don?t see no reason why the 76ers can?t steal a game when they visit the Heat.

8. Erin

I would love to see Korver start. I'm not looking forward to Miami. If Jackson, Corliss and Dalembert hold Duncan to 34pts or however many he had, just imagine Shaq. =/

9. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I actually think Kyle is perfect coming off the bench, he provides a spark and he should stay coming off the wood.

10. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Korver's best at the bench since right now since he provides a great spark when he's hot and plus there isn't many consistent shooters on the 76ers bench aside from Samuel Dalembert. With the soon to be leave of Robinson however, it should give Korver more minutes at SF and really let his 3 pointer's thrive *hopefully, coming off the bench.

11. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> With the soon to be leave of Robinson however, it should give Korver more minutes at SF and really let his 3 pointer's thrive *hopefully, coming off the bench.</div>

How would Robinson leaving get Korver more minutes when Robinson hasnt even played any games yet?Not to mention Obrien would probaly give Korver more minutes because he is big on him.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting That NBA Girl:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll share a though that I heard another fan say on their way out of the game last night: Is San Antonio really that good or is Philly just really that bad?</div>

Any fan that even dares to ask such a question really needs to learn alot more about the NBA.

13. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

First quarter was just embarrsing to be a Philly fan. Dalembert really played Duncan well, compared to our other centers and I was surprised how well he played him. He was agressive on the boards (7 boards in 21 minutes) plus 2 blocks in that time. I really think we should start Dalembert instead of Marc Jackson.

Also what happend to Willie last night?!? 0 FG!?! 2 points. Only in 15 minutes!

Korver + Iverson (and maybe Williamson) looked like the only ones who actually came out to play a game. Korver has the quickest release that I have seen in a while, and a skill to hit the 3-ball. Hopefully the Sixers will score more then 6 points in the first 12 minutes next game :thumbsup:

14. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea, Korver and Iverson are the only ones on the Sixers that aren't on a slump. Kenny Thomas really has to break out of his slump, his low post scoring will help us so much, and Willie Green has got to start playing above expectations, we NEED those two players to carry the scoring load off ai,korver, and williamson