Game Thread 2023-24 GAME #27 - BLAZERS VS WIZARDS - DECEMBER 21, 2023 - 7:00 PM PST - ROOT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

Kuzma could have put the Blazers away if he made 2 free throws. I blame Wizards bad FT shooting for allowing Portland to miss the game winner.

BBert likes this.
  2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yes

3. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

No, Jerami obviously WAS NOT the right player.

He threw what would have been the winning shot off the backboard. It was a horrible shot attempt.

He missed a free throw that would have tied the game.

His poor rebounding cost points on the defensive end.

4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Cool, you can wear it on Halloween to show your team support and scare the trick or treaters.

5. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Ahead of Dame…

Whyachi and blazerfan11 like this.
  6. cheesehoff

cheesehoff Well-Known Member

The games are a series of runs, so they're gonna lose some big leads. I think, just as important to fix is starting every game down double digits halfway through the 1st quarter.

CJ_is_Gone and Whyachi like this.
  7. Whyachi

oh for heaven's sakes... they're over on Blazers Edge discussing how Billups drew up a good play, and Grant missed a "layup" on the final shot. Since when did a 12 foot sidewinding one-hander become a layup ??

kjironman1 and robson like this.
  8. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Bias? Do better. I've posted and talked about on the podcast about how much more effort Ant is putting on the defensive end. And of course, Maxey being on a better team helps. Anyone ignoring that is an idiot. So look at the take in a little wider scope. Let's start with the CAREER 121 drtg. That measurable is not an end all be all, but over that many years, that is a very poor number. He is trending upwards.....which is about the only direction one could go from where he was. And the MUCH larger part of that post was about the 'alpha' portion which Chauncey was referring to.

So no, I wasn't telling you anything of the sort in terms of the first sentence of the response....which you should know.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  9. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Not having a legit veteran three that can score and play decent D, would go along way with this team. So how do we get one?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    TBpup likes this.
  10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

calling Ant's 9 games a "season" and then comparing it to Dame's 82 game seasons seems a bit wacky

at 25, Dame averaged 25 & 7 and led the Blazers to the playoffs. He averaged 19.7 shots; Ant is averaging 20.7 shots. That was Dame's 4th season; this is Ant's 6th season. When he was 24, if Dame would have averaged 20.7 shots, he would have averaged 26.3 points and 6 assists. Ant is averaging more shots right now than Dame ever averaged in his career.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  11. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

iuytfghj
    Seems Dave doesn't like me anymore. He won't let me comment. Some of their posters have a hard time reading that they made a STOOOOPID comment.
    Me on the other hand. I make plenty of irrational and many times down right Stupid comments. I have no problem with people informing me of that fact.
    S-2 is the place for me. Not BlazersEdge unfortunately. You guys are stuck with me here.

Whyachi and Hoopguru like this.
  12. Whyachi

lol ... that place is weird. BlazersEdge pretends to be NBA geniuses, but they're not good with basketball. It's like Ducks football bloggers extra credit.... write something really cool about the Blazers.. you don't even have to watch the basketball games.... here's the boxscore... just start typing.

kjironman1 and cheesehoff like this.