Big Names Excluded From FIFA World Player Of The Year Nominations

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by CelticKing, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Y2Kyle)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

It was not sarcasm, he was trying to turn the word owned into a literality parafox. Like i said, leave, and take what pride you have left with you...</p>

</div></p>

Kyle i was putting it in a way anyone can understand but since i have now determined that your I.Q is above your Shoe size i shall say no more in this topic as i don't want to insult you too bad. So can we get back to the topic in hand as to why Fabregas, Totti and Ibrahimovic have been left out.</p>

</p>

2. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

the reason behind fabregas being left out IMO is he's only been good at the start of THIS season, the past seasons he hasnt really been that amazing. they must take into account the perfomances of a player for more than just 8 games.</p>

3. Y2Kyle

Y2Kyle DYC This is Anfield

Anyone can see your are being ripped apart here and should therfore leave, oh you just said you will say no more, probably cause i scared you with my ridicilously powerful statements. After that owning. Why isn't Totti in there?</p>

</p>

*EDIT;; MAX STOP ABUSING YOUR POWERS.</p>

4. P1ttsy91

P1ttsy91 DYC Trialist

From what I've seen over this thread it shows to people fighting over who is the better midfielder: Gerrard or Fabregas?</p>

Tbh, I say this a fan of neutral opinion Gerrard is slightly over-rated. I think the Liverpool fans adore him, as he is their captain, leader, role-model etc. Therefore as the main man, he is coveted for it. However, in games his *amazing ability* is somewhat misunderstood. He is very good at passing, dictating the play and very influential due to his loyalty for his club. Some fans say he changes the game... Yes, his main abilities change the game passing and dictation but that is not really enough to be considered amazing as so many, many Liverpool fans say. Gerrard doesn't really stand out in the game, perhaps towards the end of games the odd bit of magic, however its a rarity tbh. Fabregas is a different player; young, playmaker aswell as defensive holder, exceptionally gifted passer of the ball and lots of expectation and pressure over him, meaning he over-exerts himself a lot, as the pressure from spectators around the world globes over him, due to his talent. He lacks strength, and composure when faced with tackles which is considered a weakness. I think Fabregas is in turn a better player, however we are all expected Gerrard to be better, as so much reputation and media has been admiring his talent, for perhaps his nationalilty and captaincy/ This is mere opinion, some may agree some not.</p>

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Ibra is pissed as to why he was left out. (thread in the inter forum talks about it) [​IMG]</p>

6. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Wow i'm sorry i must step in and Congratulate aP on a great post. You have basically just summed up this whole Argument. Nice Job aP</p>

btw I was being Sincere</p>

7. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aP)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

From what I've seen over this thread it shows to people fighting over who is the better midfielder: Gerrard or Fabregas?</p>

Tbh, I say this a fan of neutral opinion Gerrard is slightly over-rated. I think the Liverpool fans adore him, as he is their captain, leader, role-model etc. Therefore as the main man, he is coveted for it. However, in games his *amazing ability* is somewhat misunderstood. He is very good at passing, dictating the play and very influential due to his loyalty for his club. Some fans say he changes the game... Yes, his main abilities change the game passing and dictation but that is not really enough to be considered amazing as so many, many Liverpool fans say. Gerrard doesn't really stand out in the game, perhaps towards the end of games the odd bit of magic, however its a rarity tbh. Fabregas is a different player; young, playmaker aswell as defensive holder, exceptionally gifted passer of the ball and lots of expectation and pressure over him, meaning he over-exerts himself a lot, as the pressure from spectators around the world globes over him, due to his talent. He lacks strength, and composure when faced with tackles which is considered a weakness. I think Fabregas is in turn a better player, however we are all expected Gerrard to be better, as so much reputation and media has been admiring his talent, for perhaps his nationalilty and captaincy/ This is mere opinion, some may agree some not.</p>

</div></p>

Exaclty what we've been trying to say. Liverpool fans treat him like god but like you see in games, he doesn't do much, is not even that valuable to the team.</p>

</p>

8. P1ttsy91

P1ttsy91 DYC Trialist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Wow i'm sorry i must step in and Congratulate aP on a great post. You have basically just summed up this whole Argument. Nice Job aP</p>

btw I was being Sincere</p>

</div></p>

Thanks Max, I missed a bit out about Cesc he is very vulnerable and lacks a lot of ability than that of compared to Scholes.</p>

Arsenal are a poor side.</p>

</p>

9. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

Cant believe Scholes didnt get in there. He is far better than Fabregas.</p>

10. Y2Kyle

I agree, Scholes is a much better player than Cesc and had a much better season than him, why are we arguing over Fabregas when Scholes should be over cesc anyway?</p>

11. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Kyle, is your IQ so low that you think that you own everyone everytime you answer a question?....lol, your constantly getting owned in your comments along with your fellow scousers.</p>

12. Y2Kyle

Can you stop going off-topic? kthxbi.</p>

13. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

</div></p>

Can you stop watching 80sliverpooh videos and stop embarassing yourself, you cant say anything constructive without saying something about owning someone after answering?...(I can understand your immaturity if your 8yrs old)</p>

Its so funny everytime I come across a liverpool forum all I see is &uml;looking back at our great history&uml; threads....lol, can you say you liverpooh fans are not guilty of living in the past too much, I mean its ok to remember those great times, but to think liverpool is still the same club it used to be, well it isnt and gerrard is the same.</p>

</p>

14. Y2Kyle

Lmao, name one time in this thread i said something about the 80's. Then you can have the right to post in this thread.</p>

15. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Why was my post deleted?</p>

16. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Art_Gunner4life)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

Can you stop watching 80sliverpooh videos and stop embarassing yourself, you cant say anything constructive without saying something about owning someone after answering?...(I can understand your immaturity if your 8yrs old)</p>

Its so funny everytime I come across a liverpool forum all I see is &uml;looking back at our great history&uml; threads....lol, can you say you liverpooh fans are not guilty of living in the past too much, I mean its ok to remember those great times, but to think liverpool is still the same club it used to be, well it isnt and gerrard is the same.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

I find it kinda funny that not 1 of you Gooners have commented on my piece about success this century. Have we just glossed over it? Thats not the past as much as recent history.</p>

All arguments towards that on the back of a postage stamp please addressed to; NoEuropeancups@ Highbury-Emirates.com</p>

17. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

I cant understand what Ibrahimovich is pissed about because in MY opinion he along with Fabregas is overrated.</p>

Now Totti thats a different thing all together that guy is great.</p>

18. CelticKing

When you think of overrated players in this world, gerrard comes to mind first for me.</p>

19. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

When you think of overrated players in this world, gerrard comes to mind first for me.</p>

</div></p>

Agreed. I think That Ibra is maybe a little Over rated but none the less along with Cesc and Totti should be in the Line for Fifa player of the year. I am not saying he should win it but he is easily in the top 30 players in the world.</p>

</p>

20. CelticKing

Yeah man, how about Marquez being in there and Totti and the rest not. Is Marquez better? I don't think so. Not even top 50 player.</p>