Could trade be false?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by tinyballer, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting tinyballer:</div><div class="quote_post">http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/NBA_Draft_...183345-822.html
    Whats going on in that article it seems like the rockets drafted Rudy Gay and is ready to keep him?</div>
    The team's website cannot announce the trade until it's been made official.

2. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Ya we have to wait until july 12. Hopefully something happens.

3. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">GUYS LISTEN UP....I as everyone knows am the biggest advocate for Rudy Gay. I honestly am. I am extatic about keeping Rudy Gay, but the fact of the matter is there is a 80% chance he might leave for memphis. I among you want him to stay, but after going through this roller coaster of 2 hours am tired of it. **** happens...This might never be forgotten as the worst move Rockets ever made or might be the greatest risk the rockets took.

Rumor is that there is a 4 team deal in place with Memphis, Boston, and Philly.

Blockbuster deal is AI to celtics. Memphis gives up Kyle Lowry, Mike Miller, and Shane Battier. We give up Rudy Gay and Stromile. Boston gives up Gerald green and many more. I think Rockets traded for Battier and Green. So until I see something like this happen then I believe we keep Rudy Gay. I can get a link of someone wants it real bad.

I believe this is true because CD isn't that dumb to trade Rudy Gay for just Shane Battier.</div>

If we get Green thats a whoooollee dfferent story, but umm link please?

4. TmacGarnett

go to clutchfans and search it.

5. houston_owns_u

houston_owns_u JBB JustBBall Member

I like it how the Rockets have been so negative to Rudy Gay, I've heard from Rockets management how Rudy is too young, youth is a liability. Rudy is not polished. Crap like that.

You know, I haven't heard much positive things the organization have said about this kid other than "he's athletic".

You know, since this kid slipped all the way down to pick 8, then is getting rejected by a team in need of athleticism and scoring, he might actually become motivated, sorta like UConn teammate Charlie Villanueva, and become a great NBA player. Hope all this trash about him doesn't cause him to drop 40 points on us some day.

6. TmacGarnett

hopefully he sees the outrage by 80% of the fans and decides to demand a trade back to us or tell CD he wants to stay.

7. ownage

ownage JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">hopefully he sees the outrage by 80% of the fans and decides to demand a trade back to us or tell CD he wants to stay.</div>

It appears that this trade was not even proposed by CD himself, but hte man behind it was none other than JVG....

8. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

9. TmacGarnett

I've seen that so many times in the past 3 weeks. I still can't believe they are trading him.

10. evolidiot

evolidiot JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...ce/4011218.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Asked about his attempts to move up and get Roy, Dawson said, ''We tried everything we could. Got close once. I thought we had it."

Portland is believed to have offered the fourth overall pick to the Rockets for the eighth pick. To do that deal, the Trail Blazers wanted the Rockets to take Darius Miles, who has a huge contract and makes Stromile Swift look like an overachiever.

Roy went to Minnesota at six, and Dawson went to his fall-back position. Memphis general manager Jerry West had telephoned earlier, offering Battier for the eighth pick and Stromile Swift.</div>

This article makes it seem like there is no other players involved in the trade. Jerry West offered Battier for the #8 pick and Stro. When Houston could not move up to get Roy, they took West's deal.

11. TmacGarnett

I would have taken Darius' contract for #4.

12. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

If we took Darius and no 4 for Howard and 8 we could have had

C-Yao/Deke/Stro
    PF-Stro/Hayes/Novak
    SF-TMac/Miles/Novak
    SG-Roy/Head/Miles
    PG-Alston/Head

Darius not getting more than 20mpg.

We would have our MLE and 2 TE to get a good PF and/or backup PG/C.

We could have traded Miles and #4 pick for Shane!!! They took back Stro, why not Miles. This way we could keep Swift.

13. evolidiot

http://www.sports56whbq.com/upload/intervi...ywest062906.mp3

That is a link to a radio interview Jerry West did where he confirms the trade that sends Gay to Memphis. He also says that Gay will absolutely be a star, and talks about how Jim Calhoun raves about him. We should thank JVG and CD for making yesterday the second happiest day of Jerry West's life.

14. KfrumHTOWN!

KfrumHTOWN! JBB JustBBall Member

i really hope tmac can workout with gay while gay is here. this way if there is something worth keeping, tmac can just kick JVG off the team!!

15. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Ok guys for some reason i am thinking that this trade is going to be regreted for years! U guys know how people still talk about "we could've gotten MJ instead of Olajuwon?" well i think this trade will be talked about like that. I think Rudy Gay is going to be a real good superstar in 3 years. Like one of the best in NBA. so i think that if we trade gay, it will be regreted! I think everyone will wish that we never traded rudy gay. i think he will turnout to be real good so i dont think that we should trade him. I am just thinking that in 3-4 years when Rudy Gay gets real good, people are gonna be like man we should have never traded him. I think he is going to be another Tmac or Lebron. Watch when we see Rudy Gay (in 3-4 years) we are going to be like why in the hell did we have to trade him? Why? So i think might as well save the regrets and keep him!

16. evolidiot

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KfrumHTOWN!:</div><div class="quote_post">i really hope tmac can workout with gay while gay is here. this way if there is something worth keeping, tmac can just kick JVG off the team!!</div>

From the interview, I get the feeling that the trade is a done deal. They just can't announce it until the 12th.

17. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">If we took Darius and no 4 for Howard and 8 we could have had

C-Yao/Deke/Stro
    PF-Stro/Hayes/Novak
    SF-TMac/Miles/Novak
    SG-Roy/Head/Miles
    PG-Alston/Head

Darius not getting more than 20mpg.

We would have our MLE and 2 TE to get a good PF and/or backup PG/C.

We could have traded Miles and #4 pick for Shane!!! They took back Stro, why not Miles. This way we could keep Swift.</div>
    Well, Portland would definitely insist on something more than just Howard, maybe someone like Head. It was posted in another thread that the teams were trying to reach an agreement regarding Miles and the fourth pick, but couldn't reach one.

And Umair15, didn't you say that you were fine with the deal last night? Why flip-flop?

18. TmacGarnett

The Rockets don't have a good draft history. I also think the Rockets are thinking short term on this. I think we could have gotten way more pieces for Rudy Gay. What happens if we don't win a championship because even Locke will agree with me that Battier isn't enough.

19. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, Portland would definitely insist on something more than just Howard, maybe someone like Head. It was posted in another thread that the teams were trying to reach an agreement regarding Miles and the fourth pick, but couldn't reach one.

And Umair15, didn't you say that you were fine with the deal last night? Why flip-flop?</div>
    I dont know why but I sometimes am happy with the deal then there is another message in my brain saying the rockets should've kept gay. i have both feelings in my head. i dont know what feeling to go with. but now my brain has picked one, and that is that rockes should have kept gay.

20. TmacGarnett

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Umair15:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont know why but I sometimes am happy with the deal then there is another message in my brain saying the rockets should've kept gay. i have both feelings in my head. i dont know what feeling to go with. but now my brain has picked one, and that is that rockes should have kept gay.</div>

I'll let the flaming begin.