Game 5 Panthers vs. Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 30, 2024.

1. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Top players are a bunch of small time players. 20 years from now nobody will remember Kreider, Fox, Zibanejad, Panarin etc. they’ll just be good players that played in the league but not remembered as great

2. strudwickisthebest

idk about that. Hank was always good for letting soft goals in in the playoffs

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  3. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

People will remember Kreider, he is near the top in many all-time Rangers stats. He will be considered a Rangers great. The other 3 I agree, will not be remembered for anything more than good players who didn't get it done in the biggest spots.

4. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Maybe I forget things as I get older, but I don't remember Hank letting in many soft goals through all of his playoff runs as our # 1 goalie.

5. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

I think Kreider is going to get his jersey retired in the rafters. He has been of the best wingers the team has had in the last 34 years.

PorterPanzer, mrmel29 and NYR_94 like this.
  6. Stepupstepan

The goals Igor gives up sometimes is routine saves any schmuck goalie should make. Last game when he gave up that first one was a killer.

7. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

They are, but big picture I will take that if he plays the way he has for years. Igor is great and he can only do so much, and the team doesn't score in big spots, that has been a problem for 15 + years. It's just an observation that as great as he is, he does let in some soft goals from time to time. For my money he is a top 3 goalie in the NHL though, so I would take him every day, and twice on Sunday's.

Ranger71 likes this.
  8. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Stop with Igor already. Do you expect a shutout every game?

9. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Not a stretch to say Laf is our best all-around player now.

NYR_94 likes this.
  10. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Respectfully, you are making a little leap Mess. You think making an observation that he does let in some soft goals from time to time = he is no good, the reason we lost, if he played better, we'd win. There is a WHOLE lot of room between the two. Saying he is great, # 30 on a list of 30 why we lost, and no goalie can win when your team doesn't score, but he does lose focus sometimes and let's in some softer goals, is a very fair statement, and certainly not questioning his ability or blaming him for anything. Again, he is the last reason we lost anything overall, and especially in this series.

11. Stepupstepan

I know he is not the main reason they lost and he is one of the top goalies in the league but he can be blamed for a loss along with the rest of them as he IS a part of the team. I bet he feels the same way he let the team down. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

12. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

He is part of the team, but I don't feel he let the team down at all, I would bet the team feels like they wouldn't be close to where they are if he wasn't their goalie. When you factor in playoffs and regular season, he may be the 2nd best goalie in the NHL right now, you have to put Vasilevskiy ahead of him with 2 Cups and 3 SCF appearances.

We are losing because Mika, Panarin, Fox and a few others have barely shown up for this series. Watching this series Lafreniere and Trocheck stand out to me as the Rangers who are built for this, every other guy I can see go for the right price (Goodrow has been very good also, but he is what he is a 4th line glue guy, not a top guy you expect big performance from).

13. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Panthers are better. Simple as that. The Rangers defenseman back in constantly. They have done it for years. Without Igor, this team would be at the bottom of the league defensively.

Greyvtrayn likes this.
  14. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Rangers need a few more gamers. Hopefully, Othmann, Sykora, Laba, Berard and Mc Barker fit this.

15. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Rangers need a couple of playoff players. There will be many things said unless they pull off a miracle here. One of them has to be what Drury failed to do for this playoff run.

Rangers94 and NYR_94 like this.
  16. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

I think it is mainly going to have to come from within with the kids. I just don't see how this team can make major moves with all these high-priced vets with NMC's. It will be virtually impossible to trade Zibanejad and Panarin.

Could I see Kakko going as a UFA, sure. And maybe it is time to deal Fox is now before his NMC kicks in on July 1, 2025, so this is the last summer to do it, as panzer has been saying, he is someone that could get back pieces to change the mix, but you need to get a 1st pair dman somewhere then.

We have no important UFA's, I don't count Gust as important. We only have 3 RFA's, Kakko and Lindgren with arbitration rights, and Schneider without. The cap will go up $4M if not more.

And the Drury failure is a big part of the story, I agree Mess. But again, thank goodness we held onto that 30th pick.

17. strudwickisthebest

Wasted performances by Igor. No guarantee he’ll be as sharp next post season

18. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

by the time he’s done it will probably happen. He’s already basically there in goals/points compared to Graves whose number is retired, so likely Kreider will too with that precedent.
    Zero shot at HOF though.

19. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

I think good chance Kreider's number will be retired by the Rangers, and rightfully so, but I am not sure if the Graves comparison is 100% apples to apples as a big part of his Rangers lore is helping to win the Cup. Doesn't change the bottom line regarding Kreider, I agree, but without the 94 Cup I'm not sure Graves has his number retired.

20. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Well said Mess, the guy has been under siege this whole series, one breakaway and odd man rush after the other often getting hit in the crease with no response. Lavs is blowing this by not playing Rempe and the 4th line more who at least show a heartbeat and make life tougher for Bob in front of the net. That 3rd line of the 3 pansies roslodick, wennshit and that total non competitive pussy kakko disgusts me every time they go on the ice! Like I said yesterday win tmo and Monday or major changes coming. Florida showed how to do it when they disappointed and traded Huberdeau for tkachuk. We should do the same thing if the worst happens and give up what it takes for Brady tkachuk!