Game Thread: Celtics @ 76ers (1/13)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Midnight Green, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Two words for this game: Simply Amazing.

2. matrixv

matrixv JBB JustBBall Member

That was a really nice game!! I was laughing my ass off too. I love Bill Walton that guy is so funny. They shoulda ordered pizzas lol!! I didnt want the game to end I was hoping it would go to a 4th Overtime. Great play by Webber reminded me of that Jordan steal on Malone!! GOOD game WoooT!

3. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Congrats guys on the win, but you shouldn't get ahead of your self. This was a home game against a very average Boston team.

Great game though.

4. AI2AI888

AI2AI888 JBB JustBBall Member

Woww I said in the 3rd quarter it didnt matter the outcome the Sixers should be ashamed. But I changed my mind with that win. Korver despite his bad defense had the shot of the game. We cant get rid of the guy bc hes so clutch. Webber made some big plays, and Dalembert had a monster game before fouling out. And Salmons played really well, esp on defense when we needed him. AI is AI, theres nothing more to say. Great win, and I think Mo Cheeks coached a good game tonite.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">Congrats guys on the win, but you shouldn't get ahead of your self. This was a home game against a very average Boston team.

Great game though.</div>
    Yeah, I absolutely agree, but at the same time when you get a win like this it really over shadows the quality of the team you where playing. This is one of those games that give a team the confidence to real off a few wins in a row. They are on an emotional high right now that should carry over to the next few games.

6. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">Congrats guys on the win, but you shouldn't get ahead of your self. This was a home game against a very average Boston team.

Great game though.</div>

The forecast didn't mention any rainy clouds passing by! Oh well.

Nah, just joking bro. Everyone has the right to go crazy right now. Especially when you are a devoted Sixers fan who have gone through the painful losses and sloppy play, but finally get a well deserved win. I don't know how the hell I am going to get to sleep!

7. matrixv

matrixv JBB JustBBall Member

If I was a sixer fan I would also be happy, I dont care what the other teams record was...the 76ers stuck with it and got the victory. They came out and when people thought they were done they pulled nice plays in the end. Its a great game to boost confidence and pick up momentum for other upcoming games..

8. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

Great win, and great game.

Any time you have to heated rivals playing each other, records go out the window, in my opinion, and tonight it showed.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves guys. The game is over, and it's time to move on.

9. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

wow! damn! i cant believe my eyes! being down like 16 in the third, forcing two overtimes, a huge three by korver, and a big play by webber in the clutch! the most exciting part of the game was watching the sixers throw the ball back and forth in the end, not to mention seeing their faces after the win. that is just priceless. huge huge win by the sixers.

ps: that one dalembert dunk was just out of this world. iggy expression was hilarious!

10. TheGreatK-Bob

TheGreatK-Bob JBB JustBBall Member

Okay, I was at the game and it was spectacular! My boy D west also impressed (although not a huge amount.) I love the Celtics uniforms, I dono why. I just had to say that, I haven't seen them before.

11. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Did anyone see the Webber-Dalembert alley-oop? That was like the best play I've seen in a long time.It was sweet!
    Im glad we won this kind of a game,usually we lose them but finally we were able to climb back from a 16 point deficit.

12. jbbBigMo763

Here are two clips you can download from the game:

Korver's 3 to send the game into triple-OT: Click Here

CWebb's alley-oop to Dalembert: Click Here

Andre's sick dunk over Raef is also available for download, but everybody is having trouble downloading it, and I don't have it yet. I'll post the link once somebody puts it up on a reliable server.

13. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Best Kept Secret:</div><div class="quote_post">Best game of the season, incredible. </div>

I agree. This was such a fun game to watch. It lasted about 4 hours lol.

Hopefully this game can give us momentum for another one of our winning streaks. All itt takes is a 5 game winning streak to go up in the standings.

14. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Martin:</div><div class="quote_post">Did anyone see the Webber-Dalembert alley-oop? That was like the best play I've seen in a long time.It was sweet!</div>
    haha. it wasnt an alley oop. it was an airball from webber. lol. iggy's expression after the dunk was priceless.

15. jbbBigMo763

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phiLA:</div><div class="quote_post">haha. it wasnt an alley oop. it was an airball from webber. lol. iggy's expression after the dunk was priceless.</div>

No... it was a pass. Watch it again, the link is in my previous post.

16. TheChosenOne23

TheChosenOne23 JBB JustBBall Member

that betwenn the leg between 2 defenders off balance alley oop from CWebb to Sammie Dalembert was hot

17. PhillysAnswer

PhillysAnswer JBB JustBBall Member

WOW this game was amazing to be at...I wanna give Cheeks credit too pulling all the starters out like he did was a great move no one was doing anything so why not it also kept the crowd in the game which i was shocked to see we went from down 16 to down 12 and everyone was going crazy like we just took the lead The way he utilitzed Korver was great bc my personal opinion is if hes scoring hes worth being in there but when hes struggling hes to big of a liability to be left in bc of his defense so i thought it was brilliant to sit him out like he did and then when we needed some points he put him in Webbers play was amazing sure he missed some shots at the end and ppl could say hes not clutch but i would totally have to disagree bc there were many points in the game were he was clutch as hell when iverson couldnt even buy a bucket there was that 3 he hit to tie the game that oop to Sammy and a couple great hook shots or dunks he put in Sammy started out ugly and everyone was getting on his case and he really step up at the end of the game Iggy had a solid game loved the dunk over Raef and that one shot where he came all the way across and put it off the backboard with his left was amazing Thats about it was one of the best games ive seen in a long time and it was awesome to be at oooo yah i wanna thank cheeks for listening to everyone at the end of the game when allen was on the line after he missed the first free throw allen came off the line and asked should i miss it? and cheeks jus stood there like he wasnt sure and then about 30 of us in the crowd startin yellin CHEEKS MISS THE SHOT IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING and then he looked up and then back at allen and said yah miss it lol it was kinda funny but from some of the ppl i talked to that had season tickets they said thats the kind of coach he is he'll listen to what you got to say if you speak up loud enough

O and btw i know i said id try to get pictures but all i had was my camera phone and the pics were pretty shitty quality so i dont know if itd be worth throwing it up on here

18. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

Congrats on the hard fought win. I agree that Korver's 3 was the shot of the game. Too bad that if we had a coach with any working grey matter, Korver would have never gotten the chance to shoot it, as the the C's had a foul to give. Doc sucks.

Anyways, congrats, you deserved it more than we did.

19. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Too bad that if we had a coach with any working grey matter, Korver would have never gotten the chance to shoot it, as the the C's had a foul to give. Doc sucks.</div>
    I was also surpised on why at the end the Celtics took so long to foul people after Webber stole the ball. Its almost like they just forgot how basketball works.

20. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Great game by the 76ers!

They made the plays at the end of the game, and Chris closed the game out with a steal. That was pretty risky, but hey he didn't foul and that play clinched it for Philly.

Great game though.</div>
    Yeah these teams always play hard against each other though, even though both have sub par records you can always expect a hard fought game between Boston and Philadelphia.