Game Thread: Knicks @ 76ers (1/28)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Midnight Green, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Impressive win for the Sixers, when I turned it on I was hoping that A.I. got traded but no luck. Is it me or does it look like this team is going no where? If we are lucky we are going to get the third seed, but then what? Lose in the first round, second round at best. I've been saying this for a while and I mean it that Billy King really has to consider breaking apart this team. I'm happy about the win, but come on it's the Knicks. Let's face it, will we really beat the Pistons in a seven game series?

2. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">Impressive win for the Sixers, when I turned it on I was hoping that A.I. got traded but no luck. Is it me or does it look like this team is going no where? If we are lucky we are going to get the third seed, but then what? Lose in the first round, second round at best. I've been saying this for a while and I mean it that Billy King really has to consider breaking apart this team. I'm happy about the win, but come on it's the Knicks. Let's face it, will we really beat the Pistons in a seven game series?</div>
    I dunno what to say right now about trade talks and all. Who could we give up and who could we get...

Anyway, good game last night and my hope weren`t too high with no A.I. we played through though. Good win.

3. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">Impressive win for the Sixers, when I turned it on I was hoping that A.I. got traded but no luck. Is it me or does it look like this team is going no where? If we are lucky we are going to get the third seed, but then what? Lose in the first round, second round at best. I've been saying this for a while and I mean it that Billy King really has to consider breaking apart this team. I'm happy about the win, but come on it's the Knicks. Let's face it, will we really beat the Pistons in a seven game series?</div>

Good Job spoiling the fun....
    haha jk

I really don't want IVerson traded, especially during the middle of the season. Without Iverson I guarantee we'll be in the lottery for at least 3 years regardless of who we get in return.

anyway Good game by the Sixers. THey played Defensive minded and they beat a division rival without their franchise player. Salmons filled the stat sheet tonight and the offense looked to be running through C-Webb.

4. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I know the media will have a field day with this game as far as the "trade Allen" rumors and "Allen pass the ball" articles go.</div>

I hear ya there man.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The reason we saw that big defensive effort tonight was because the guys knew they would get the ball offensively since Allen wasn't there to dominate the ball.</div>

Agreed. I've been saying this for months. If guys know they well at LEAST get touches on the offense end they will work harder on defense. But at the same time when I watch the Sixers play and AI gives the ball they always tend to give it right back to him even when he tries to go in the corner and take himself out of the play, the ball always seems to circulate around and come back to him when he has no choice but too shoot. So I'm not going to blame him for everything because the other guys need to man up and try to take charge on their own.

5. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Other guys are too afraid of their mistakes and feel Allen Iverson will try and blame it on them or something. A good example was that one game in the final minute when Ivverson does a behind the back pass to Korver and it goes off of his foot. I am guessing trust was lost on that play.

6. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Other guys are too afraid of their mistakes and feel Allen Iverson will try and blame it on them or something. A good example was that one game in the final minute when Ivverson does a behind the back pass to Korver and it goes off of his foot. I am guessing trust was lost on that play.</div>

That's not a good example, that's a perfect example. That turnover was all on AI he didn't really look where he was passing the ball and then the fact that he was irate as if it was Korver fault says a lot. Korver looked terrified when AI was going nuts it's like he(Korver) wanted to sit down and rather do nothing then potentially doing something that could cost the team the game. So AI must be an encourager like Kobe or Nash for example and when something like that happens he should just clap and give them a pat and tell keep their head up and stay focus. Overall this is like hand at hand. AI needs to make adjustments as well as the rest of the guys.

7. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

The problem with Allen is that a lot of his teammates are scared to mess up, like you all have said, because he might not pass them the ball again... which I highly doubt. Maybe in the past, yes, when he didn't have a talented offensive group around him, but with this group he'll get you the ball if you're open.

How many easy dunks/lay-ups has Dalembert screwed up this year either by not catching the ball or traveling? A hell of a lot, but he still gets the rock.

Honestly, I have re-thought my position on the reason why they played defense... but I still agree with my first opinion. The other reason is: Kevin Ollie. He set the tone... he played hard defensively, and that carried over to everybody else. John started pressuring Marbury coming up the floor. Everybody got in on the fun.

Allen needs to do the same when he returns. It is only the Knicks, but it goes to show you what this team is capable of.

Also, watching the offense flow through Chris last night was beautiful. Hopefully AI feels the same way and lets Chris work his magic from there more often.

8. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The problem with Allen is that a lot of his teammates are scared to mess up, like you all have said, because he might not pass them the ball again... which I highly doubt. Maybe in the past, yes, when he didn't have a talented offensive group around him, but with this group he'll get you the ball if you're open.

How many easy dunks/lay-ups has Dalembert screwed up this year either by not catching the ball or traveling? A hell of a lot, but he still gets the rock.

Honestly, I have re-thought my position on the reason why they played defense... but I still agree with my first opinion. The other reason is: Kevin Ollie. He set the tone... he played hard defensively, and that carried over to everybody else. John started pressuring Marbury coming up the floor. Everybody got in on the fun.

Allen needs to do the same when he returns. It is only the Knicks, but it goes to show you what this team is capable of.

Also, watching the offense flow through Chris last night was beautiful. Hopefully AI feels the same way and lets Chris work his magic from there more often.</div>

You know what you're talking about. [​IMG] I agree with you 100% that's why I want to see Snow to come back. I love how Ollie kept a consistent tone/pace last night. It was just right. Iverson does the same but at times he is too jumpy and that leaves C-Webb and Korver behind at times. Ollie pace was on point. Everyone was able to keep up with it. Salmons did an excellent job as well. They brought Webber in for the half court offense so they should utilize him for that.

9. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree. I'd love to have a backcourt of Ollie and AI, but they would be a big defensive liability every night with their height, and we don't have a true back-up point guard after Ollie. Salmons can play the point, as can Louis Williams, but that just wouldn't work.

10. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

nice win by the sixers considering AI wasnt even available. i think C-Webb really stepped up and obviously john salmons stepped up as well. all in all, it was a great team performance today. but still. i hope the sixers wont get too high on themselves considering its just the knicks. sure, the sixers were without AI, but still, this is the knicks. lol. i hope the sixers can somehow get some momentum from this win and finally start battling for the 1st spot in the atlantic.

btw, i didnt see the game since i live in CA, but how in the world did qyntel woods have the type of game he had??

11. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Qyntel had one hell of game I must admit, don't know HOW, but he did. [​IMG]