Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Philadelphia 76ers

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Jan 18, 2006.

1. PhillysAnswer

PhillysAnswer JBB JustBBall Member

This is exactly how the Sixers need to come out for the first half tonight Memphis went on a pretty decent run but i really like the way we looked out there so far be4 that run

8pt lead at half time hell yah ill take it and then we can go on another run after intermission

2. jbbBigMo763

jbbBigMo763 JBB JustBBall Member

Another collapse... the game is 48 minutes long, not 16.

EDIT - Hold on a second, EJ just missed two free throws, so we're still in the game...

3. jbbBigMo763

What a horrible display of basketball by the Sixers in the last 30 minutes of regulation, but AI comes up big and sends the game into OT after Eddie Jones misses two free throws to ice the game...

Can we pull it out? I hope so...

4. PhillysAnswer

PhillysAnswer JBB JustBBall Member

Well That was the heart Allen was talking about good win for us

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I told you guys the 76ers would win! Lets hope they can build off this win, because even though they won this you may see a different team the next time this team plays.

6. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

We got some very winnable games coming up Minnesota, who you never know what you’re going to get. Orlando twice, who are a good young team, but perhaps even more inconsistent then the Sixers. The King, who are getting healthy, but have still struggled immensely this season, and we could easily beat if we show up. Then the Knicks who are back to their losing ways after a mini win streak. If the 76ers where consistent I would have no problem predicting a win streak coming on, but sad part is they are inconsistent. You can’t ask for a better schedule than that to get your season turned around, if your the 76ers.

7. jbbBigMo763

Good win for us tonight, but I was very disappointed in the defensive effort the last 30 minutes of the game. We played excellent defense for the first quarter and a half, so we know we are capable of playing quality defense. Hopefully we can start playing it for longer stretches, and eventually play it for the majority of the game.

We were up 17, but allowed the Grizzlies to get back in the game. We really should have lost, as the Grizzlies were up 2 with 7.3 seconds left but Eddie Jones missed two free throws to ice the game. AI tied it up, and then Webber took over in OT.

Good win... but we still have a lot of improving to do.

Next up: @ Minnesota on Sunday.

8. Super_Sixer_Fan

Super_Sixer_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

I think for the Majority of the 3rd quarter, we kind of let it slide a little bit, and early in the 4th, it was kind of an 'offensive' showdown, considering, what we saw from both teams early on. But Late in the game, it was there. The Defense, that I knew we were capable of doing.

Performance Ratings:

Defense: A Anytime, you snub Pao Gasol 2 times, and for the majority of the Night, looked like an Andrew Bogut, hanging around from the outside, to drive in as the only way you can score. That's nice truly it's nice.

Offense: B+ For what it's worth, 90 points against the Memphis Grizzles, is a very very succesfull period of play. Let's see, if it can continue on Sunday.

Mentaility: C+ It was better than the Last two games. But Good teams, have a mentaility to put games away, Minnesota will be a crucial test for this.

Overall: B, A solid performance Bar a few mistakes, your wrong MO. This game, may truly change the season.

9. jbbBigMo763

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Super_Sixer_Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Overall: B, A solid performance Bar a few mistakes, your wrong MO. This game, may truly change the season.</div>

The keyword there is may change the season. Isn't that what was said after the triple-overtime victory over the Celtics? It's all up to the players...

10. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think the key to this victory was Samuel Dalembert's defense, he had 6 blocks including two on Gasol in overtime I think.

11. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

wow! sixers actually won! its the apocalypse!