General Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR_94, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

If they had Randle they probably win this series in 5. That guy is always injured.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The Knicks, being a Knicks again. Wonder when our next series will start, maybe Fri?

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Maybe the dumbass Islanders owner will wake up and finally fire that senile idiot Lou. I hope not. I know as long as he is there, that team won't do jack shit. He had 2 fluke years, one because of Covid. Other than that, the imbecile could have done a quick rebuild at least 4 to 5 times.

4. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Great job by the Leafs and Preds to win and extend their series. Both going back home maybe can give us at least one game 7, if not two. Getting more playoff hockey, and hopefully a game 7, is always a good thing.

As for us, I'd say Friday or Sunday we start against the Canes. With two series extending last night, I lean towards a Sunday start, but we'll see.

BTW, the Jets need to really do some soul searching this summer. I think they need to make some impactful moves, and I think Bowness will be canned. It just isn't working with the current mix. The Leafs will be in the exact same spot if/when they lose to the Bruins.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  5. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

One thing I can tell you, Lou will never do a rebuild, he would never do it anyway, but especially now at his age. It is bad for the Isles, but that is how Lou is wired, and you saw it when he screwed the Devs and wouldn't forfeit the late first round pick to the NHL but waited until the following year when he then had to forfeit a better pick to the NHL. He is always in now win mode, even when it doesn't make sense.

The Isles have some challenges, they are old and only middle of the road talented, they have some good to very good players, but not enough. For them it starts in goal though, they need to hope Sorokin gets his top-level game back, not this seasons mess. If he doesn't, they are double F'd.

6. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

For the record, the Canes are favored to beat us. I don't think you really need extra motivation at this point, but if I was in that locker room, I would use this to give me a little extra fuel. Home ice, won Met, most points in the NHL, yet we are underdogs, okay it is on.

7. kreidertime

I guess they haven’t paid attention that the Rangers own the Canes.

8. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    own the canes? a little overboard dont you think?

9. kreidertime

No. They own the Canes. Biggest division game of the year. Shut them out. Biggest playoff game for both teams in years. Ass fucked them 6-2 in their own building.

10. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Whether we own them or not, and I lean towards not in the sense that this is a better Canes team after the trade DL than previous in years, this is the series IMO. Sure, Boston or Florida will be very tough, but I think the winner of the Canes/NYR series is the SC favorite (the Canes are the actual SC fav right now). This is a huge series, and the Canes are favored, and the Rangers should at least be aware of that and get some small juice from it. Everyone loves the Canes, loves their trade DL moves, loves the makeup of their team, and this is the Rangers chance to say F all of that and go win the series.

Three quick notes from me:

1. As I've said before, the key is quick decisions and quick puck movement as the Canes pressure non-stop all over the ice, that is their game.
    2. I think we see Chytil this series if he is healthy and cleared still. I think we can use him/will need him in this series.
    3. Watch Kuznetsov, he concerns me. I know he is older now and not the same player, but I think that was a sneaky good move for the Canes that adds to their bottom 6 scoring ability. Everyone talks about Guentzel, and that was a very good move for them, but I like the more under the radar move to add Kuz at the trade DL, keep an eye on him (one other mention, Jarvis is a sneaky key for them also).

11. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

You mean that coke head Kuznetsov? Just keep hitting that fucker and he will go away.

12. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

13. kreidertime

Goaltending in the playoffs for so many teams has been atrocious.

14. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

So much for my Winnipeg to the SCF prediction.

15. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

11 wins short, not bad.
    Former Ranger Neil Pionk had a nifty goal last night.

16. kreidertime

Well Edmonton did roll the Kings as somebody predicted here. I'm a bit surprised the Kings didn't put up more of a fight with the Oilers and their shit goaltending.

17. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

Yes, I was right on that one, and again it was more due to the Kings not being any good than how good I think the Oilers are. The Kings were the 2nd worst team in the playoffs after the Caps, maybe neck and neck with the Isles. As for the Oilers goaltending, go take a look at the Kings goaltending also, it is not good. The Kings get rolled by the Oilers every year in the playoffs, the Oilers PP is scoring at nearly a 50% clip over the 3-playoff series, that is crazy. The Oilers have a lot of talent of course, but 50% come on, kill a penalty Kings.

The Stars take a 3-2 lead in their series, Vegas in some trouble. It still wouldn't shock me if Vegas won game 6, but the Stars look pretty solid to win that series. What a terrible penalty by Pietrangelo to give the Stars a PP which they scored the winning goal on.

As for our series, I cannot see earlier than Sunday now. If the Knicks lose tonight, they will play their game 7 at MSG on Saturday, and I don't see them announcing late tonight or tomorrow morning the series starts Saturday if the Knicks win tonight. You are not going to announce today you are playing game 1 tomorrow, so Sunday at the earliest, and it may not start until early next week, as the NHL may view round 2 as starting Monday.

18. kreidertime

I can't stand Vegas. The crap they pull with the cap.

NYR_94 likes this.
  19. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

What's the expression...don't hate the player, hate the CBA that allows them to do this. something like that.
    That loophole should be closed in the next round of negotiations.

NYR_94 likes this.
  20. NYR_94

NYR_94 Active Member

No Matthews, that may actually be better for the Leafs. You figure they are due to win one home game, but who knows.

Last edited: May 2, 2024