Trade Idea Ideas for Ant

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by AmirIcon, Jun 23, 2023.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

If your moving on from Dame you could make a strong argument to keep Simons if he buys into that 6th man role. If your going to keep rolling with Dame you have got to move Ant for a good veteran upgrade and I too like DDR.

lamlor likes this.
  2. inconceivable

inconceivable Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230624_230016_Chrome.jpg

From Raptors blog one month ago

TBpup and tykendo like this.
  3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Two picks seems a little steep honestly.

4. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

That means Dame HAS to go. At this point its either Dame or Ant

Natebishop3 and lamlor like this.
  5. inconceivable

inconceivable Well-Known Member

I agree. Exclude Precious and just do Ant+2RPs for OG. They need a guard and have way too many wings

AmirIcon likes this.
  6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

If I had to choose between Ant and Dame that would be one of the easiest choices of my life and it would be Dame every time. That being said, if Dame wants out I might have a talk with Ant about backing up both Scoot and Shae, if he has any doubts about it then I would trade Ant immediately.

7. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I don't read it as two picks

to me, it says "2023 first round pick via NY, OR 2026 pick, top 4 protected".

that seems fine to me, except for the 'fact' that it would still cost two first's because for Portland to free up that 2026 first, they almost certainly have to guarantee next year's pick to Chicago. Blazers might be able to add top-4 or top-7 protection to that guarantee, but Chicago would have the power.

now, thanks to that fucking bozo Olshey the Blazers will have to give up a 1st to Chicago eventually, so maybe it's about time to do so next draft. It's risky though for a team that just had the 5th worst record....unless, as I said, the Blazers can get at least top-4 protection

It might be worth it for OG, but I just can't shake the notion he's rather overrated. He'd fit well in Portland though. But I will say Toronto can go somewhere warm and pound sand because the Blazers would be fools to only add top-4 protection, not for a player like OG

Natebishop3 and BIG Q like this.
  8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I think what it means is when people go thru illogical contortions to justify keeping Ant, it's just further proof that Ant needs to go.

there are two giant red lights working together to stop Ant from fitting in his natural role of a 6th-7th man: the first is his 25M/year contract, now 26M/year; the second is the new 2nd apron rule. Teams will be spending the big bucks on their core players; and they will be cutting costs on the role players. Ant is not a core player, he's role. He'd be 6th man luxury almost no team would buy. And at this point, he's way too flawed and limited as a starter to have wide value

Portland's best bet is probably trading him to a team who thinks he can play the PG position because they have good facilitators elsewhere. That's where Toronto fits because Siakam and Barnes averaged nearly 11 assists a game last year. Ant isn't the PG or defender FVV is, but he's a much better and more efficient shooter, which opens up space for Siakam & Barnes

I just don't believe Portland will spend much time trying to deal with Masai Ujiri

UKRAINEFAN, Pinwheel1 and Natebishop3 like this.
  9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

We all agree that you don’t keep and make this pick unless you plan on trading Simons, right?

Natebishop3 likes this.
  10. Natebishop3

Yeah Simons is the odd man out.

PDXFonz likes this.
  11. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

Gonna miss this guy

PCmor7 likes this.
  12. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I still think that you need to package Simons and Nurk together (because Nurk is honestly on a great contract) and look at getting someone like Ayton or Turner in return. On paper maybe it looks like a loss to some, because we lose our starting center and guard which was supposed to fill the loss of CJ. But he can’t do it, he’s not the one FAM. Yes, he’s talented… But he’s not the one. I don’t even like to say negative of any Blazers player because it’s like ….. but moving on from Simons AND Nurk is the true play to shake things up and try to take it to the next level with Dame.

I can’t even with some of the trade chatter. Like if the dude wants out…. I tell you what, if Dame wants out we are screwed. Because I really do believe that Dame wants to win a championship here. There will come a day when the Lillard’s, Antentekoumpo’s, Nowitzki’s, Duncan’s, etc… are looked back upon as an elite class of their own. Separate from the Lebrons and Durants.

Don’t blame me…..

If you want us to trade Dame, and I’ve seen it on here. Bro don’t blame me, and don’t be saying stuff like “Boo hoo, we deserved to lose this game, nobody even tried to defend Dame and you wonder why he put up 53”.

“Scoot Henderson can’t shoot 3’s at all, trade him for Lamelo Ball”

If you actually want us to trade Dame I legitimately question how I feel about you. I think we need to get @barfo and have you walk the plank.

As a matter of fact, what does @barfo think about all of this?

And for what it’s worth… It doesn’t matter where Dame plays. He’s not going to stop. Put him on the worst team, he makes them better. Put him on the best team, he makes them better. Put Dame on any team in the league and he makes them better. Convince me otherwise…

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    glazeduck likes this.
  13. Natebishop3

Ant better watch out. That chick clearly has plans :lol:

14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Would anyone trade Simons and Knox to the Sixers got Tobias Harris?

15. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

If the rumor earlier today is true we'd have to include roughly the rest of our picks until the sun burns out to get Morey to accept. That's probably an overpay for Harris in my eyes (but I do value him).

Natebishop3 likes this.
  16. Natebishop3

I’m not sure who annoys me more…. Morey or Ujiri.

17. glazeduck

People are going to absolutely HATE this idea...

But Nurk + Ant for Ben Simmons and Claxton straight up works $ wise...

Can you convince Dame that Simmons is salvageable into at least a Draymond like role player?

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  18. glazeduck

Masai is a genuinely nice person. I think the ring has gone to his head a bit, but he's not a jackass, so much as extremely confident -- probably to a fault when it comes to trade valuations.

Morey on the other hand, is... well let's just say he's extremely impressed with himself and has no problem letting anyone and everyone know it.

19. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I still think Anfernee and a future pick for OG is still a possibility. OG is the odd man out in Toronto. And they need a guard to replace Van Vleet.

TBpup, AmirIcon and Pinwheel1 like this.
  20. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Just what you want, Shaedon and Scoot mingling with Simmons. That's a no dog.

Natebishop3 and BIG Q like this.