Trade Idea Ideas for Ant

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by AmirIcon, Jun 23, 2023.

1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

they'd have to move Sochan to the bench. He was their starting PF last season

Pop saw right away that Zach was a C. That's where he played him. Pop also doesn't seem to load up guys with 36 minutes/game. And Wemby may be in the 25-30 minute range so there will be minutes for Zach. Pop might try the twin towers a little, but from what I saw of the Spurs last season, Zach still has the same problem he had in Portland and that's getting beat off the dribble on the perimeter, then committing fouls in recovery

the only time that Zach functioned well at PF was some of the times when he played with Ed Davis as a rookie

2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

3. RonBrewer

RonBrewer Well-Known Member

I really, really like this trade. Don't think we get that lucky but i would co-sign right away

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm not really sure what Cleveland's motivation is... but just at first glance it doesn't feel like that's enough going out to them.

5. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

getting a former lottery pick while opening up a runway for Mobley

6. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

7. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m actually on board with taking Derozan now. Wow, have a series of events had to happen for me to change my mind.

I want Dame to stay, but I don’t want to S&T for Green and be bogged down with his contract for four years. You can say whatever, I don’t think it gets us any closer with Green than with DDR. DDR is an expiring, and hopefully stays at a discount if he wants to come back. If Ant for DDR gets us our 1st back, let’s do it.

Dame/Scoot/Mays
    Sharpe/Scoot/Thybulle/Mays
    DDR/Kris/Nas/Rupert/Thybulle
    Grant/Watford/Kris/Walker
    Nurk/____/Watford/Badji

Find a good backup C, and I guess that team’s a little interesting. Not to truly contend, but maybe enough success that we have ammo to trade for the next star that requests a trade. If Sharpe and Scoot both show he need to be starting, or even if the next star is available, we can put up a package of DDR’s expiring, any of Rupert, Kris, Walker, and Watford as young prospects, Nas and Nurk as any necessary salary, and an assortment of picks.

Tbh, a trade package of Herro, Jovic, Martin, and 2 picks that don’t convey until four years from now don’t sound any better than DDR, one or two of the prospects, and 3 1sts, 2 pick swaps.

If that heat package is good enough to get Dame, our potential package should be enough to get the next star right?

8. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

Idk, to me, it looks like Cavs would get fleeced.

9. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    How about they give us Sochan and we give them Ant? They're so far under the cap that we don't need to match salaries.