Iverson demanding trade?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Dec 8, 2006.

1. WildHundreds113

WildHundreds113 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">LOL @ the Foye avatar already. [​IMG]</div>

LOL! I hope gameface doesnt have a troy hudson avy by january. LOL

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

It seems disrespectful to me, how the Sixers are treating Allen Iverson. The guy puts his heart and soul out every single night, yet he has nothing to show for it. The team has been going nowhere, and this off-season Billy King has done absolutely nothing what-so-ever to improve this roster. Yet, judging from the article NTC posted, the Sixers organization gives out the feeling that they think Allen Iverson disrespected the organization by demanding a trade. Well, what the hell do you expect to happen when a guy bashes out his body night out and night in, and each and every off-season the front office does absolutely nothing to reward him?

This was just messed up: <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Iverson said he was told not to participate in shootaround and instead watched from the sideline. He joined the Sixers in the huddle, then was told by Cheeks not to come to the Wachovia Center.

"In my entire career, even the doctors haven't been able to tell me not to play," Iverson said. "I've played through injury and illness. I think everyone knows how much I love being out on the court, competing and winning. That's why it was so disheartening to be told that I couldn't play, knowing that I was ready. It hurt even more to be told not to come at all." </div>

And this is probably a big reason why AI demanded a trade in the first place: <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Even with the Sixers sinking toward another lottery-bound season, Snider said Cheeks and King's jobs were safe.
    </div>
    ^ The team is struggling mightly, yet they still refuse to make any changes. If I were in AI's shoes, why the hell would I want to destroy my body for a team that doesn't even seem to care?

Best of luck to Iverson where ever he is going. I just hope his new team treats him better than the 76ers

PS: What happened with Jim Gray?

3. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

@ Brian: The guy that Gray talked to that said he wanted to be in Minny was an impostor.

I still think it was TheFreshPrince. [​IMG]

4. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Smitty Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">@ Brian: The guy that Gray talked to that said he wanted to be in Minny was an impostor.

I still think it was TheFreshPrince. [​IMG]</div>

Whoa whoa whoa. Let me get this straight. So the guy he was interviewing wasn't Allen Iverson? Then who the hell was he?

lol @ FreshPrince

5. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

Its gotta be TheFreshPrince. He hasn't been on JBB for a while, so he's probably been brewing up this scheme for a while HAHAHA LOL!

6. Really Lost One

Someone put this on youtube. I can't believe I missed it

7. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I bet you if this trade goes down FreshPrince will make a triumphant return to JBB.

8. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Wow, this has to be the most viewed thread in one single day.

9. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Whoa whoa whoa. Let me get this straight. So the guy he was interviewing wasn't Allen Iverson? Then who the hell was he?

lol @ FreshPrince</div>
    It was someone pretending to be Allen Iverson over the phone.

10. Really Lost One

So what exactly did poser AI say that was fake?

11. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So what exactly did poser AI say that was fake?</div>

That he wanted to be traded to the Timberwolves and a trade was in the works. Although, it remains a possibility those words did not come out of Iverson's mouth.

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Is anyone else thinking about Seattle?

I'm really liking Rashard Lewis and Earl Watson coming here. Both are great quality team players and still relatively young. Lewis would provide great temporary first option scoring for us along with Iguodala. Meanwhile, Watson's got very nice defense and to me, is a much better option as compared to Ollie. By the way, why's everyone so high on Foye?

EDIT- Seattle would also be a pretty nice situation for Iverson. He would be benefitting from a constant three point threat with Ray Allen, good interior rebounders in Wilcox and Fortson, as well as a nice point guard in Ridnour.

13. Midnight Green

The thing is I don't want a Peja/Artest trade in terms of Shard coming here for half a season then leaving without us getting any compensation.

14. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Well according to the RealGM Trade Checker, Lewis still has two years left on his contract...

Foye's too streaky for my liking. If we're getting another guard, I'd rather he be developed, polished, and ready to produce consistently.

15. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">AznxBaller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well according to the RealGM Trade Checker, Lewis still has two years left on his contract...

Foye's too streaky for my liking. If we're getting another guard, I'd rather he be developed, polished, and ready to produce consistently.</div>

He has a player option on his contract, but he is expected to opt out after this year which is why his name is involved in trade talks. We are going into rebuilding mode regardless of who we get so I would rather get some great young talent with superstar potential like Randy Foye. Who can not only produce but also bring in fans not only from Philadelphia but from Brick City (Newark, NJ). We need to get a good core of young players and let them grow together.

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Oh, I see, about the Lewis thing. I guess I'm just not as high on Randy Foye as you are. For whatever reason, he reminds me too much of an Iverson type guard who slashes to the rim a lot. He's sort of one dimensional where all he really does is score. Foye's three point shot isn't that great and his rebounding/assist numbers don't really impress me. To be honest, shooting guard wise, I prefer the taller type swingmen that can alternate between the shooting guard and small forward positions which would give us more options and possibilities with our rotations. With that said, what do you think about a deal with the Bulls involving Deng and Duhon?

17. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">AznxBaller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Oh, I see, about the Lewis thing. I guess I'm just not as high on Randy Foye as you are. For whatever reason, he reminds me too much of an Iverson type guard who slashes to the rim a lot. He's sort of one dimensional where all he really does is score. Foye's three point shot isn't that great and his rebounding/assist numbers don't really impress me. To be honest, shooting guard wise, I prefer the taller type swingmen that can alternate between the shooting guard and small forward positions which would give us more options and possibilities with our rotations. With that said, what do you think about a deal with the Bulls involving Deng and Duhon?</div>

Well Foye never really played much of the point guard position in college. With Villanova's four guard offense he was often stuck at power forward because of his strength. They reserved a majority of the point guard duties for Lowrey and sometimes Ray. However, Foye has all the skills to be a great point guard and overall player in this league. His numbers this year are not impressive because the Wolves have not given him consistent playing time. He was originally projected to be a starter, but the acquisition on James changed all that. When he has gotten the opportunity he has played well.

As far as the Bulls trade goes the only problem with it would be the numbers not matching up, and to be honest AI would not be able to co-exist with Scott Skiles. First he would have to lose the headband, we all know how big an issue that is haha. He also struggles on the defensive side of the ball, when it comes to playing man to man defense. A back court of him, Hinrich, and Gordon would not be a good idea imo for the Bulls.

18. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Its going to be nuts seeing Iverson in another Uniform.

19. rip-city

rip-city JBB JustBBall Member

I want to see AI, KG and Pierce on the same team ! [​IMG]

20. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

AI no longer a sixer, hmmm it'll be interesting where he ends up. Maybe him and Cwebb to the Knicks.