JJ Disliked Amare?

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Midnight Green, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Players scream at each other all the time, Coaches also scream at players and curse them a new one if they aren't listening or giving effort on the court. However, these are grown men, and grown men should be able to communicate if they felt disrespected or took it personal. I wouldn't over exaggerate this article, JJ is leaving for the money and chance to be the 1st or 2nd option in Atlanta. You have to ask yourself, if JJ wanted to make a big deal out of this back in December, then there would have been a story about it already and there would have been signs that we was unhappy in Phoenix. I saw JJ playing hard and meshing just fine with his teammates the entire year. I also saw his teammates support him when he smashed his face, so don't get to wrapped up in this JJ dissension story.

2. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

Please, this is so weak on JJ's part. "guys, he swore at me, I'm outta here"

One swear word makes him want to play for Atlanta over Pheonix? Wow.

3. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Amare was just being the leader. I would have said the same thing.

4. emannen

emannen JBB JustBBall Member

I don't see how Amare was doing anything out of the ordinary, THIS IS THE NBA GUYS. Teammates curse at each other, Amare was frustrated with JJ that was it. JJ is a dick for leaving anyway. After all the things the organization did for him. They made him into the player he is. When he broke a bone in his eye socket all of his teammates, the fans, the community, they all supported him. Now to leave ATL for the same money is an insult. I hope JJ endures a couple of 0-82 seasons in Atlanta (either that or breaks another bone in his face [​IMG] ).

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Players scream at each other all the time, Coaches also scream at players and curse them a new one if they aren't listening or giving effort on the court. However, these are grown men, and grown men should be able to communicate if they felt disrespected or took it personal. I wouldn't over exaggerate this article, JJ is leaving for the money and chance to be the 1st or 2nd option in Atlanta. You have to ask yourself, if JJ wanted to make a big deal out of this back in December, then there would have been a story about it already and there would have been signs that we was unhappy in Phoenix.</div>

[​IMG]

6. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Class act emmanen, just because a good player leaves your team you bash him and wish him the worst of luck for the rest of his career.

As for the incident, who really cares. JJ is out now, and the Suns are one step further from being a contender. The Hawks on the other hand are looking very bright.

7. emannen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">Class act emmanen, just because a good player leaves your team you bash him and wish him the worst of luck for the rest of his career.

As for the incident, who really cares. JJ is out now, and the Suns are one step further from being a contender. The Hawks on the other hand are looking very bright.</div>

Shutup man! I was joking when I was talking about breaking his face. On the other hand I am sure many Suns fans will agree with me in disliking JJ. I honestly hope his team has an awful year next year. He left a championship team to go to a perrenial loser. Just because you were proven incorrect on previous posts does not mean you can have a vendetta aganist me. You want to see Vince Carter have success after what he did to your team!

8. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with Shape that the Amare incident was a cover-up reason and really didn't mean much at all.

Joe Johnson wanted more MONEY and a BIGGER role. He would never have large ball handling duties with such an efficient point with Nash, and he wouldn't be the first or second option with Nash and Amare. He would be considered the 4th best player, and he wants to be one of the main guys on his team.

Its a mistake on Joe Johnsons part. He doesn't realize how difficult it is to do what the Suns have done, and how money won't solve all his problems. If wanted a better basketball career, and being with a better organization, he should of stayed with the Suns. Also excellent teammates in Shawn Marion and Nash. Amare has yet to learn to be humble. [​IMG]

If all he wanted was more money, then the Hawks was his best choice.

And the Suns got a pretty good deal, a young player 2 1st rounders and a trade exception. If they use the trade exception to acquire a SG, and can either use the picks or trade them. I think if Finley were to come to the Suns it would be awesome!!

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

emannen and Mr. Wade I suggest you take your personal rivalry and enter the next ATF debate [​IMG]

10. emannen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">emannen and Mr. Wade I suggest you take your personal rivalry and enter the next ATF debate [​IMG]</div>

[​IMG]

11. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Yeah this is getting played out of proportion, I'm sure in the heat of the moment this happens all the time. I don't think such a single incident as this one, should influence Johnson's decision on wanting to play for Atlanta.

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

You'd have to be incredibly childish to hold a grudge over something as trivial as that. It may have upset him during the game, but thats during the regular season. He couldn't have stopped talking to him after that. Johnson should have just communicated better and is using this as a copout.

I agree that this mostly about ego. The Suns 3rd and 4th options would be 1st options on any other team, but Johnson doesn't seem to understand that your touches don't diminish your value to a team. Kinda reminds of McGrady, in that this will probably come back to bite him in the ass. He'll realize what he was missing when he's the first option on a struggling Hawks team.

13. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

I can imagine the media will hype up the return of JJ in Phoenix when Atlanta comes to town or when Phoenix are in ATL, it will be an exciting matchup.

14. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

^ yeah 2 run and gun teams like that... that'll be crazy.

15. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

I dont think Atlanta could win though...

16. emannen

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bronbron23:</div><div class="quote_post">I can imagine the media will hype up the return of JJ in Phoenix when Atlanta comes to town or when Phoenix are in ATL, it will be an exciting matchup.</div>

Exciting until the game is actually played. The Suns (espeically Amare) will be ready to show JJ what he is missing. BLOWOUT!

17. lessthanjake

lessthanjake JBB JustBBall Member

ok, sure.... i think when he said exciting, he meant fun to watch not close.

18. da pimp 1

da pimp 1 JBB JustBBall Member

It will be a fun game to watch, for Suns Fans.

19. jbbDowntown

jbbDowntown JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I think I'm already gonna make plans to come back to Phoenix to see JJ when they come to play. I'm dissapointed in JJ to say the least. I think he's a great great player, but I don't think he'll be successful as the first option on a team. He doesn't have the confidence and poise needed. He has a couple bad games, and he seems almost depressed on the court after that. It got to his head that he's good, but he (like every other Sun last year) was made better by MVP Steve Nash.

Stoudemire doesn't need to be humble, because he's not cocky IMO. He's confident in his game, and is proud of what he and his teammates accomplish. From what I've seen since his rookie year, he's one of, if not the hardest worker in the NBA. He really works hard to make himself and his teammates better.

As far as their "confrontation", JJ is being a baby if that got to him that much. Amare was just being vocal and a leader about what needed to be done to win a game. At least he had enough respect for his teammate and the game by waiting til they were in private to tell him about it. Remember when Dirk Nowitzki yelled at his team during the PHX/DAL series last year? Now that was classless. Which brings me to my last point, JJ is too quiet to be a leader. I've seen him get excited very very few times. Only two that I can remember (after Marbury made a game winning shot, and after Penny Hardaway made a game winning shot). Other than that, he's too quiet to be the representative for a team.

*end of ramble*

20. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Hey, where ya been Downtown?

And that Hawks game will be awesome. I'm going to try to get tickets. Going to boo JJ. [​IMG]