Large signatures

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by agoo, Sep 25, 2007.

1. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dark Hero)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Yeah members who have like two signatures I find it very annoying and it doesn't even look nice.This is something that should be fixed.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Yeh what Muppet has two Sigs???</p>

&not;&not;</p>

2. agoo

agoo Member

I'm on firefox. Usually Max's signature is an issue for me, but its working right now. There was also a post in the soccer forum that featured a lot of photos that did the same thing. I think what might be happening is that my browser is just reading the picture links as one line of code, rather than inch(es) of space, and not giving it the appropriate space it needs.</p>

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I still like seeing everyone's signatures, but I do agree that the size is often too big. There should be a limit to how many lines we can take up with our signatures (image + text).

ghoti brings up another idea, though. At JBB we listed things like "Favourite Teams," "Favourite Players," "Location," etc. under the avatar. I personally think that information is more useful than things like the join date, the number of posts, etc., which I don't really care all that much about. The fact that we cover so many sports makes that stuff more important, IMO.</p>

</p>

4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (agoo101284)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I'm on firefox. Usually Max's signature is an issue for me, but its working right now. There was also a post in the soccer forum that featured a lot of photos that did the same thing. I think what might be happening is that my browser is just reading the picture links as one line of code, rather than inch(es) of space, and not giving it the appropriate space it needs.</p>

</div></p>

Are you using Firefox 1 or Firefox 2?</p>

</p>

5. cpawfan

Everyone has a member page that they can edit and add that type of information and more. Click on someone's username and it brings you to their member page. As an example, I have flags of my favorite teams on my member page.</p>

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Just seems more convenient to have that info there. You can put the post numbers, income, view, etc. on the profile too. Am I the only one who'd rather see that info there?</p>

7. cpawfan

On the other hand, I really don't want to know who a poster's favorite teams and / or players are everytime I read something from them.</p>

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Well if its just me thinking this way, then I'll drop it. But, since we cover so many different sports its helpful knowing what teams everyone is a fan of. I consider that more important info than post count, etc. which really doesn't matter to me all that much.</p>

9. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Well if its just me thinking this way, then I'll drop it. But, since we cover so many different sports its helpful knowing what teams everyone is a fan of. I consider that more important info than post count, etc. which really doesn't matter to me all that much.</p>

</div></p>

I think there is discussion in adding a way for people to join fan clubs. IE Raptors, Blue Jays, Leafs fan club (via the teams forum?), which would then be reflective in your userbit (could show up in that field, or somewhere in the profile).</p>

As much as someone won't want to know which team someone roots for each time they post, I'm sure there are more than a handfull of people that don't find # of views, points and posts too important either.</p>

Nice suggestion.</p>

-Petey</p>

10. cpawfan

</div></p>

I highly doubt you are the only one that thinks that way, but I was presenting another view. Our community is made up of people with lots of different viewpoints.</p>

</p>

11. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Raptors, Jays and Leafs?</p>

Petey is getting some taste I see.</p>

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

That sounds like a good idea. Its a minor detail, but I tend to be really picky about those things for some reason. Thanks.</p>

13. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

ghoti brings up another idea, though. At JBB we listed things like "Favourite Teams," "Favourite Players," "Location," etc. under the avatar. I personally think that information is more useful than things like the join date, the number of posts, etc., which I don't really care all that much about. The fact that we cover so many sports makes that stuff more important, IMO.</p>

</div></p>

If we use this idea, do we have to spell "favourite" in Canadian, or will there be a user option to correct that? </p>

</p>

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

If we use this idea, do we have to spell "favourite" in Canadian, or will there be a user option to correct that? </p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Canadian spelling would be mandatory.</p>

15. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I think the JBB limits were too harsh to be honest. I think good limits would be as follows:</p>

</p>

Sigs - 200 tall x475 wide</p>

Avs - 150 x 150</p>

</p>

That way we can still havefairly large images, but not ones that take up page space in threads.</p>