LeBron...moving on when the deal is done?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Mar 29, 2007.

1. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

I want to see him on the Raptors... that would be so awesome.But I'm 50/50 on him leaving. There's reasons and doubts.

2. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Haha, I'd rather LeBron just take a year off and we try to fight for the #1 pick and get Greg Oden next season. :worthy: 9-2 without LBJ, Watch us win the NBA championship without him. :lol:ESPN rumors say a lot of things.. a lot of those things NEVER come true. What do you believe? Greg Oden, or ESPN?</div>Greg Oden could have said one thing now is changing his mind that can be right.

3. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Greg Oden could have said one thing now is changing his mind that can be right.</div>Thats true, but I doubt he comes out and changes his mind. I guess it might just be me, but I don't see Oden saying he will enter the NBA Draft.

4. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Mar 30 2007, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thats true, but I doubt he comes out and changes his mind. I guess it might just be me, but I don't see Oden saying he will enter the NBA Draft.</div>I be more surprised if he does not enter then if he would.

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I be more surprised if he does not enter then if he would.</div>Why? Because he's enjoying college and had a slow season due to injuries? Alot of people enjoy their time in college bball alot. I'd rather him stay in college and be ready to enter the NBA than just leave after his freshman year.

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>One prominent NBA player agent, who asked not to be identified because he was revealing confidential discussions, told Insider that he had enough contact with Conley's father, Mike Conley Sr., to be 99 percent sure both Oden and Conley Jr. were coming out. "I think Oden really wants to stay in school," the agent told Insider. "However, I think he's feeling a lot of pressure from family and friends that the opportunity to be the No. 1 pick is one he can't pass on. I think Conley Jr. wanted to make sure he was the top rated point guard in the draft before declaring. He didn't want to settle for a mid-to-late first-round pick. With his play in the tournament, I think he's there. Next year, with O.J. Mayo in the mix, he may not be." One other agent essentially confirmed the first agent's story.</div>

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

He's going to be the first pick in any other draft. Oden will stay in college, hone is skills which I think is why he should stay in college a bit longer and come to the NBA when he is ready. That will be best for both the NBA and Oden.

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why? Because he's enjoying college and had a slow season due to injuries? Alot of people enjoy their time in college bball alot. I'd rather him stay in college and be ready to enter the NBA than just leave after his freshman year.</div>It's more what he wants then you. LOLAnd trust me he will go pro once he really starts seeing the money he would get. He actually like college and like some your right, but don't mean he is staying.

9. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's going to be the first pick in any other draft. Oden will stay in college, hone is skills which I think is why he should stay in college a bit longer and come to the NBA when he is ready. That will be best for both the NBA and Oden.</div>Actually next season there is OJ Mayo, and Rose or w/e dude name is they more known then Durant Mayo will be great he might be picked ahead of Oden more chance the Durant being picked before Oden this season I think.But Yeah since he is a big men good chance he go first anyway.

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 2 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's more what he wants then you. LOLAnd trust me he will go pro once he really starts seeing the money he would get. He actually like college and like some your right, but don't mean he is staying.</div>....When I said "I'd rather that" I meant that it would be in his best interest to stay in college another year as this year he has played with pretty much one hand. His game still needs to develop. Oden should stay but it has been leaked by plenty of sources that he is going to the draft. BTW, please use proper grammar, it's really annoying to read your posts if you don't.

11. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 2 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>....When I said "I'd rather that" I meant that it would be in his best interest to stay in college another year as this year he has played with pretty much one hand. His game still needs to develop. Oden should stay but it has been leaked by plenty of sources that he is going to the draft. BTW, please use proper grammar, it's really annoying to read your posts if you don't.</div>Sure, but he can get better learning from expirernce NBA players more and playing against those then college peeps.

12. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 2 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sure, but he can get better learning from expirernce NBA players more and playing against those then college peeps.</div>Are you seriouse? Him and Conley JR share the spotlight in OSU, he is a "franchise player" of sorts their. He gets to play with less experienced players and continue to hone his skills against easier teams than if he were to go to the NBA and be matched up against one of the best center's like Yao or Amare. Truth is he'd get dominated right now.

13. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 3 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you seriouse? Him and Conley JR share the spotlight in OSU, he is a "franchise player" of sorts their. He gets to play with less experienced players and continue to hone his skills against easier teams than if he were to go to the NBA and be matched up against one of the best center's like Yao or Amare. Truth is he'd get dominated right now.</div>He won't get killed even if he won't do good he won't do bad either + this was he will learn faster. If he stays and then goes into the NBA it will still be way diff, and he will still get hurt before he learns the NBA stuff.So why not let him start getting expiernce against NBA guys faster this way he will learn faster.

14. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 5 2007, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He won't get killed even if he won't do good he won't do bad either + this was he will learn faster. If he stays and then goes into the NBA it will still be way diff, and he will still get hurt before he learns the NBA stuff.So why not let him start getting expiernce against NBA guys faster this way he will learn faster.</div>That doesn't make any sense, he has much more post prescence in college and it will allow him to improve much faster playing with players less experienced than those in the NBA. Let me remind you of a big man who stayed in college 4 years by the name of Tim Duncan, he improved his post prescence and all-around offensive/defensive game in college. When he goes to the NBA it's going to be much harder for him to improve playing with much more talented, smarter, and athletic players. Make no mistake he will improve in the NBA too but I think he should stay at least one more year in college where he will be able to work on his all around offensive game much easier. (Although apparently he's not staying in college according to numerous sources)

15. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

I really think that he will move to New York. It is just a better place to be....He will recieve endorsements, he will become more vamous, and he is going to be playing for the team with most ability to become the next best team in New York. He is going to be in the same situation in Cleveland that he would be in New York. Except, he is going to be in a better basketball environment in New York.

16. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 5 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That doesn't make any sense, he has much more post prescence in college and it will allow him to improve much faster playing with players less experienced than those in the NBA. Let me remind you of a big man who stayed in college 4 years by the name of Tim Duncan, he improved his post prescence and all-around offensive/defensive game in college. When he goes to the NBA it's going to be much harder for him to improve playing with much more talented, smarter, and athletic players. Make no mistake he will improve in the NBA too but I think he should stay at least one more year in college where he will be able to work on his all around offensive game much easier. (Although apparently he's not staying in college according to numerous sources)</div>Dude he would not learn faster in college then actually playing against NBA players in the NBA. He will learn way more playing against Shaq, Yao, ect...... Even though he get killed first time, or a few times at first, but that make him that much better.But Yeah he going to NBA anyway looks like.

17. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Dont think he will hometown and his family is close. Im think8ing this is just bait for the Cav players to step up and Danny Ferry to make good moves.

18. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 6 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I really think that he will move to New York. It is just a better place to be....He will recieve endorsements, he will become more vamous, and he is going to be playing for the team with most ability to become the next best team in New York. He is going to be in the same situation in Cleveland that he would be in New York. Except, he is going to be in a better basketball environment in New York.</div>LeBron is already making mad cash, and he is getting a huge house built in Cleveland. He has family and many friends in Cleveland and it's his home town. Why would he wanna become more famous? The guy wants to win a freaking ring not get his poster on some little kids wall, and I'm sure there are already millions(MILLIONS!) of kids that have his poster on their wall. He is fine in Cleveland, he likes it and just wants to win. But if Cleveland fails to make some more moves for us to get that final push for the finals, then he very well can look for other work. I totally doubt he goes to N.Y though, he isn't about the cash he just wants to win.

19. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

^Yeah your right, he does want a ring. And he is going to have just as good of a chance if not a better chance to get a ring in New York than if he stays in Cleveland. He will be in a worse division where they would for sure win it if he went their, the majority of the talent on that team is young, and they have a very good big who can score the basketball. I really think that he would be a better fit in New York. Also, I think that Stephon would really enjoy having a player like Lebron. Lebron would bring out the best in Stephon, and Stephon I think would do good things for Lebron as well. The PG situation in Cleveland is terrible, and if Lebron had a better PG on his team, he would do much better.

20. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

It all depends on what the Cavs do if they are good enough to win a title and the gm is doing everything to win one he will probably stay. If not though he will leave I guess cause of course NY is big city and stuff and if he is not winning in Clevland what is keeping him. And he probably have a better chance to win in NY then he would think if Cavs are still not ready to win a title by then.