Nets trade Jefferson to Bucks

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Carter15Nets, Jun 26, 2008.

1. footswalker

footswalker Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joey FistPump @ Jun 26 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (footswalker @ Jun 26 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kmart06 @ Jun 26 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wOW I can't believe this crap. We need a shooter & a big so we get rid of a good SF for this?? If they wanted to give away RJ why not trade with the timberwolves for their #4 pick. [​IMG]</div>
    I agree, and I think this trade would have made a little more sense if we actually got to swap picks with the Bucks and moved up 2 spaces. They think the Bucks won't go after Alexander now, but another team could still take him.

We just traded a 23 point a game scorer for an 8 point guy, who is at best, a project, and another guy that's always hurt and has a ridiculous contract. I like that they are setting themselves up for 2010, but it sure seems like they could have a got a draft pick or a little more. This team is will lose 50+ games next year. Where are the points coming from? It was hard enough last year with an anemic offense.
    </div>
    Yi averaged 8.6 ppg and 5.2 rebounds last season...he easily will get 10 and 6 this season, Sean Williams will easily get 10 and 6 this season, Josh will get 10 and 10, Devin will get 16, Vince will get 24...say that's the starting 5...that's 70 ppg from our starters...plenty of offense.
    </div>
    That's a high end guess (especially for Sean and Boone). And that's a front line where the 3 starters still average only 10 a game? That would be the worst starting frontline in the league, not too mention how much foul trouble those 3 would run into. And then you are hoping to get 25-30 a night from the bench? Not bloody likely.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 26 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Carter15Nets @ Jun 26 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://youtube.com/watch?v=tbSlCEFmsi0&feature=related

is that Dirk Nowitzki?</div>

I think it's Yi.
    </div>
    Ahahaha [​IMG] .

I like this trade a lot. I think for the Nets, Yi is very marketable and will play big minutes. Simmons is also a very solid player who can contribute a lot. Good job Thorn.

3. footswalker

footswalker Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Jun 26 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 26 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Carter15Nets @ Jun 26 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://youtube.com/watch?v=tbSlCEFmsi0&feature=related

I think it's Yi.
    </div>
    Ahahaha [​IMG] .

I like this trade a lot. I think for the Nets, Yi is very marketable and will play big minutes. Simmons is also a very solid player who can contribute a lot. Good job Thorn.
    </div>
    I hope everyone remembers how much they liked this trade when the Nets go about 28-54 next year. And that's optimistic. Who cares if Yi is marketable, they could have the Pope playing point, and the arena would be half full. He's not that good. Villanueva would've been a better get than Yi. Seriously.

4. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (footswalker @ Jun 26 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Jun 26 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Jun 26 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Carter15Nets @ Jun 26 2008, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://youtube.com/watch?v=tbSlCEFmsi0&feature=related

I think it's Yi.
    </div>
    Ahahaha [​IMG] .

</div>
    I hope everyone remembers how much they liked this trade when the Nets go about 28-54 next year. And that's optimistic. Who cares if Yi is marketable, they could have the Pope playing point, and the arena would be half full. He's not that good. Villanueva would've been a better get than Yi. Seriously.
    </div>

You have no idea who will be on the Nets this season.

5. No.1

No.1 Member

The Nets BETTER make another deal. They better. This deal would be brutal without it. Forget 2010. That's a HUGE unknown. They would have potential to get Wade and LeBron, but again, a huge IF.

6. Kidd Karma

Kidd Karma Member

So the final piece of the championship runs is gone.

7. soul driver

soul driver Member

not true!
    these posters that have been saying that the last days of the finals are gone, the news reporters saying it...
    uhh hello, KVH!!!???
    [​IMG]

8. d-blockrep2

d-blockrep2 Member

how is this trade going to affect our 21st pick? We have sean Williams, Boone, Yi, swift and maybe kristic I can't see us picking up another big

9. Boomdog

Boomdog Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d-blockrep2 @ Jun 26 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how is this trade going to affect our 21st pick? We have sean Williams, Boone, Yi, swift and maybe kristic I can't see us picking up another big</div>

Depends who we get with 10. I could see CDR being our guy with 21 if Alexander doesnt fall to us at 10.

10. Joey FistPump

Joey FistPump Making you look dumb EST. 1985

Slacker Extraordinaire.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (footswalker @ Jun 26 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joey FistPump @ Jun 26 2008, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (footswalker @ Jun 26 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kmart06 @ Jun 26 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wOW I can't believe this crap. We need a shooter & a big so we get rid of a good SF for this?? If they wanted to give away RJ why not trade with the timberwolves for their #4 pick. [​IMG]</div>
    I agree, and I think this trade would have made a little more sense if we actually got to swap picks with the Bucks and moved up 2 spaces. They think the Bucks won't go after Alexander now, but another team could still take him.

We just traded a 23 point a game scorer for an 8 point guy, who is at best, a project, and another guy that's always hurt and has a ridiculous contract. I like that they are setting themselves up for 2010, but it sure seems like they could have a got a draft pick or a little more. This team is will lose 50+ games next year. Where are the points coming from? It was hard enough last year with an anemic offense.
    </div>
    Yi averaged 8.6 ppg and 5.2 rebounds last season...he easily will get 10 and 6 this season, Sean Williams will easily get 10 and 6 this season, Josh will get 10 and 10, Devin will get 16, Vince will get 24...say that's the starting 5...that's 70 ppg from our starters...plenty of offense.
    </div>
    That's a high end guess (especially for Sean and Boone). And that's a front line where the 3 starters still average only 10 a game? That would be the worst starting frontline in the league, not too mention how much foul trouble those 3 would run into. And then you are hoping to get 25-30 a night from the bench? Not bloody likely.
    </div>
    first and foremost Boone averaged 9.7 points and 8.3 rebounds last season as a starter...so 10 and 10 isn't even remotely a stretch...Thinking Yi in his 2nd season won't raise his averages by 1.4 points and .8 rebounds in his 2nd season is also ignorant considerng that a player normally grows dramatically between there 1st and 2nd seasons...The only player who I am being truly optimistic about is Sean Williams...who from all account has been working out hard this offseason and will likely have added around 15-20 lbs of muscle by next season...similar to what Kmart did between his first and second season.

11. JRon

JRon Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boomdog @ Jun 26 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d-blockrep2 @ Jun 26 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how is this trade going to affect our 21st pick? We have sean Williams, Boone, Yi, swift and maybe kristic I can't see us picking up another big</div>

Depends who we get with 10. I could see CDR being our guy with 21 if Alexander doesnt fall to us at 10.
    </div>

Yea, this could mean a Rush/CDR pick at 10 and 21.

Does anyone know who's set to be more of a tough inside presence/enforcer b/t Hickson and Speights.?????

12. Belarus

Belarus Member

I don't understand why so many people hate the trade?! Bucks would never traded Yi if he hasn't implied he would not re-sign with them. He has freakin averaged 8.6 pts and almost 1 bpg in his rookie season and one can expect those numbers to go up. We could not have landed Brand or some one else of his caliber so why so much outcry? I'm optimistic about this trade and hope the summer of 2010 will be big for us! [​IMG]

13. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Kiki Vandeweghe, New Jersey's new general manager alongside team president Rod Thorn, is a longstanding Yi fan who has frequently likened the 7-footer's perimeter skills and potential to Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki.

--ESPN

14. nets1

nets1 Member

I like this trade. RJ was at his highest value and Rod Thorn did it again. Yi was a rookie in a new country and those numbers aren't all that bad. I fully expect them to increase. It helps the cap for down the road and i could care if the nets are holding out for LBJ. That to me is like a pipe dream, but building a solid team isn't.

RJ was the last piece of the 2002 playoff team who is finally gone. The big 3 was a myth and never really worked. It achieved average results and always was full of excuses. If the nets allow VC to play his old way with these new players the nets can easily match last seasons results maybe a bit better. Thats assuming they don't do well in the draft.

Now if thorn can pull off another great deal and the nets wind up with Love, i will have high hopes for this team next year.

Overall i say good job rod and kiki! Now go get Love, JJ hickson or anderson and a shooter. This team will be decent.

I wonder if this trade will allow the nets to keep Diop?

oh yeah, go nets!!

15. d-blockrep2

d-blockrep2 Member

damn poor rj, how is he going to drive his lambo in milwakuee?

16. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Nets trade Richard Jefferson for Bobby Simmons, Yi Jianlian, and Lebron James.

17. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d-blockrep2 @ Jun 26 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn poor rj, how is he going to drive his lambo in milwakuee?</div>

Is "drive his lambo" a euphemism for anal sex?

18. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

The only neg on this draft is that it could be awkward in the lockerroom (which now has a different meaning now that RJ is gone)

(yeah I said it!)
    (oh no, no more Luke jokes [​IMG])

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOzjo27nFMc&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eOzjo27nFMc&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>
    <div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/507rwnGTMfQ&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/507rwnGTMfQ&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

19. MFNetsFan

MFNetsFan Member

Everyone is knocking Simmons, but just a couple years ago he was a highly sought after FA.
    I'm not saying he'll come close to replacing RJ... or denying he is overpaid.
    But he will be better than Trenton Hassel at the 3.

20. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MFNetsFan @ Jun 26 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Everyone is knocking Simmons, but just a couple years ago he was a highly sought after FA.
    I'm not saying he'll come close to replacing RJ... or denying he is overpaid.
    But he will be better than Trenton Hassel at the 3.</div>

Definitely agreed, thank you for bringing some common sense into this thread.

I don't see why people don't know how good Simmons is.