Politics Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by PtldPlatypus, Jul 25, 2024.

?

Who will "Win?"

1. Harris

85.3%
  2. Trump

14.7%
  1. Galakelife

Galakelife Active Member

I agree this election is not as close as the polls indicate...........its all about the 7 swing states, total votes across the nation does not matter, it is the electrol college....race to 270.

Phatguysrule and PCmor7 like this.
  2. PCmor7

PCmor7 Generational Poster

Saying this for years
    I live in a swing state in the heart of Trump territory and the energy toward Trump is nothing compared to the past two presidential elections.

3. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody wants "unvetted/unrestricted immigration". But if you have their ID and their picture, fingerprints, and DNA they are documented. They are a lower risk than the general population of the US.

Processing them quickly and accurately should be the goal.

If everybody who's not a criminal can be processed quickly and documented then the only people trying to sneak in will be the criminals. Then it would be fairly trivial to watch the rest of the border and collect the criminals.

The most important part of that would be processing the people who enter legally through the checkpoints quickly and efficiently.

Taking a couple years to determine if they can stay long term seems irrelevant to me.

*Edit*
    In fact, taking some time lets you evaluate if they will be able to follow the law and find employment. That seems like valuable information to have before making that decision...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 3:59 PM
    PCmor7 likes this.
  4. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

A person calling himself Black Insurrectionist X trended on Xitter. MAGA. Spread conspiracy theories about Harris and Walz, including story Walz sexually molested black gay high school student when he was teaching. Story traced to Russian troll farm. Amassed 300,000 readers and praise from Trump.

Turns out Black Insurrectionist X is a white guy from upstate New York. Who incidentally owes $6 million in back taxes.

Everything Beagle likes this.
  5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Former Under Secretary of Homeland Security for counter terrorism under Trump reported he refused to read even shortest briefing. They had to give just illustrations. He was unable to concentrate on any topic. Some topics couldn't be raised with him at all because they triggered outbursts, especially Russia.

When they met to troubleshoot problems, Trump always proposed most violent unlawful ideas, like shooting immigrants on sight. She urged he never be returned to office.

People here complain Republicans don't have the balls to oppose Trump. Considering those who have include this woman, Liz Cheney, Cassidy Hutchinson, Olivia Troye, Omarosa Manigault, maybe Republicans really need to grow ovaries.

6. Galakelife

Galakelife Active Member

then why havent they been doing this. they are letting the bad guys in (ones with records)

7. Galakelife

Galakelife Active Member

And yes they have been doing this the unvetted/unrestricted immigration.
    what would you call it when people convicted of assualt/rape/murder are allowed in and released into the general population.

8. Phatguysrule

I don't know. Maybe partially because Republicans refused pass the bipartisan bill?

From my perspective it's because nobody actually wants to do it. I don't think the Democrats want to. I don't think the Republicans want. Trump didn't do it. The only thing that allowed him to reduce immigration was COVID restrictions and the lack of jobs available.

But there aren't high rates of criminals immigrating to the US. Once again, they commit crime at far lower rates than the US population. You are saying that criminals and rapists are coming in but there's no evidence of that happening.

9. Phatguysrule

Where have these people been convicted of assault, rape, and murder? In the US?

I can't speak to the cases unless I know what happened. But if we want to vet people better and prevent criminals from coming in we will need more people to handle the vetting process.

But once we have them fingerprinted, photographed, and DNA'd they are now documentated, and if they commit any crimes in the US they'll be able to be processed like anybody else.

Including deported permanently if we choose to. Then they'd have to enter the legal way in which case they'd be caught, or they'd have to enter like a criminal through the desert in which case they could be easily caught (assuming it's easier and safer to just enter legally so everyone chooses to do it that way).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 5:37 PM
  10. Galakelife

Galakelife Active Member

More than 13,000 immigrants convicted of homicide — either in the United States or abroad — are living outside of Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention, according to data ICE provided to Congress earlier this week.

That is from the ICE data.

you have no idea why the crossings were down during Covid, maybe it was the Trump policies vs Biden policies.

you keep talking about crime rates. the way i look at it is if you can prevent 1 crime/murder/rape by keeping someone out who should be vetted out you should do it.
    Border was wide open prior to the Bipartisan bill that was pushed.

11. Phatguysrule

How many of those came in under Trump? How many came in under Biden? How many came in before Trump or Biden?

If we don't know then we don't know who to blame this on.

It's pretty clear. There were no jobs here. There was extreme scrutiny on anybody who might be employing immigrants illegally and furthering the spread of COVID. And we were handling COVID worse than any other country in North America. It was flat out more dangerous to be here then anywhere else.

We were also allowed to treat illegal immigrants more harshly due to emergency policies.

I know these were the reasons, because once the covid emergency policies were lifted and the jobs came back immigration exploded.

Yes I keep talking about rates because they commit crime at lower rates than our general population. Which means our crime rates go down the more immigrants who come in.

I agree. We should absolutely be vetting every person who comes through. And we should do everything possible to make sure that we can do that. And we should have drones with night vision completely covering the whole border so that anybody crossing illegally can be followed located, and detained.

Yeah. It's been pretty much open since the 70s except for during COVID when we had emergency powers.

12. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Yes, but you are badly misinterpreting the ICE data:

barfo

PCmor7 and Phatguysrule like this.
  13. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

^^^This is psycho shit bud.

Its crazy how much of the left openly talks like this, combined with the fact there’s already been two attempts on Trumps life.
    And they will still turn around and accuse the other side of being unhinged or violent.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 8:18 PM
    CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

15. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Coming from someone that would defend Trump's psycho shit...

MickZagger likes this.
  16. jonnyboy

Neocons and neolibs want war and will cut the throat of anyone who stands in the way of the military industrial complex. This is the case with all the ghouls who now hate Trump. Jake Tapper, who literally got a fucking boner live on air over how “beautiful” bombs being dropped over Syria were, is a direct beneficiary of the establishment because he is the propaganda arm of it. He’s laughing at the stupidity of the average American while selling them lies. JD Vance is correct here.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  17. jonnyboy

I guess this was aimed at me? What did i defend specifically? You’re defending Thomas Crooks i guess, as long as we are throwing around loose accusations.

18. PCmor7

Saying this for years
  19. PCmor7

Saying this for years
    These guys can't even come up with somewhat believable lies anymore. It's astonishing that anyone is voting for them.

20. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Ummmm....