Official (6-10)Rockets vs. (10-6)Mavs Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Mag, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AA13:</div><div class="quote_post">That play was crazy! I was jumping out of my seat every time he shot the the ball.</div>
    Same here!!

T-Mac has defended well throughout the game.

Were going into OT!!!

2. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea Sura missed a 3-ball so it is going overtime. I hope the Rockets pull this one out.

3. Miami's Finest

Jeff Van Gundy's gonna hang himself after this game

Here ya go Jeff
    [​IMG]

4. l2emix

l2emix JBB JustBBall Member

Overtime game is over...Rockets lose 113-106. Man what a great effort by T-Mac with 45 points but we lose...

I guess you can count this loss as a win since we played extremely better than the other games.

If we keep having games like this except Yao scores more...it's gunna be a great season.

Yao Ming had 14 boards btw!

5. KleinBaller08

KleinBaller08 JBB JustBBall Member

This loss goes out to Jeff Van Gundy. Horrible substituions in the second half. Maurice Taylor played way too much, and didnt help us at all, why does he love him so much? Andre Barrett got no 4th quater minutes, but Sura, who was playing badly, is in the game. That was until the game was on the line, and Barrett got put in during the 3 minute mark in overtime, and there after they got the lead down. Where did Juwan Howard minutes go? You cant be serious they played him 9 minutes in the second half, redicolous, most of the points Nowitzki scored were on Taylor. McGrady had a super game, and Jackson stepped it up second half, sadly Yao got some bad calls and didnt get in synch. Ridicolous loss...

6. shoeaddict

shoeaddict JBB JustBBall Member

dirk...that guy, traveled across town and draws on of the gayesyt fouls ever...

OH WELL...TMAC...48, only if it was a win

7. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

The Rockets played one of theri better games of the season, but unfortunately Dirk Nowitski was unconcious, and our interior defense sucked. I can't figure out why Van Gundy doesn't play Mutombo more. We gave up so many layups and fouls around the basket, and Mutombo is still one of the best shot blockers and rebounders in the game if he gets minutes.

Van Gundy needs to play Mutombo more, and play Weatherspoon at the four position. The guy played SF for a few years, so I know he has the quickness to at least play the four.

8. Miami's Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting l2emix:</div><div class="quote_post">Overtime game is over...Rockets lose 113-106. Man what a great effort by T-Mac with 45 points but we lose...

I guess you can count this loss as a win since we played extremely better than the other games.

If we keep having games like this except Yao scores more...it's gunna be a great season.

Yao Ming had 14 boards btw!</div>
    Yeah, this Rockets team showed a lot of hope and promise tonight.

9. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Yao had 14 boards, but there were a few others he should have gotten. And he needs to learn how to block shots. He used to be an intimidating force his rookie season, but now everyone just keeps attacking him and they either draw the foul or get the layup.

Basically, the Rockets should STOP running plays for Mo Taylor and Juwon Howard, and run more plays for McGrady. I cringed every time Taylor got the ball down the stretch of this game, and as expected he fumbled away the possession each time.

10. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shoeaddict:</div><div class="quote_post">dirk...that guy, traveled across town and draws on of the gayesyt fouls ever...</div>

Hahah, my thoughts exactly...

Anyways, Yao did get called for some stupid foul calls in the end of regulation... and I mean REALLY stupid. But I see this as a mini-win for our team, I hope we can carry on the same energy and effort on to the next game.

11. shoeaddict

United we win....United?

TMAC WE WIN. Mr. Mcgrady Sir, please dont pass the ball anymore, we obviously know that you can score 115 by yourself since sura couldnt hit that clutch shot...shee...you should have just shot it before OT..

12. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Great effort for the Houston Rockets! If we keep playing like this, with the exception of Yao, we will definitely become stronger as the season goes by. The only problem is, we have to be hot at the perimeter shot, and we can't really count on those to always fall in, that's why we need Yao. Anyways, theres some improvement by Yao with 14 rebounds and getting an average 13 points. He really needs to learn how to not get into foul trouble so easily, I think it's more with JVG's strategy, but thats just me. Was Spoon ever played at powerforward? I saw him in for a few minutes, but didn't remember if I saw him teamed up with Yao.

13. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AznxBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Great effort for the Houston Rockets! If we keep playing like this, with the exception of Yao, we will definitely become stronger as the season goes by. The only problem is, we have to be hot at the perimeter shot, and we can't really count on those to always fall in, that's why we need Yao. Anyways, theres some improvement by Yao with 14 rebounds and getting an average 13 points. He really needs to learn how to not get into foul trouble so easily, I think it's more with JVG's strategy, but thats just me. Was Spoon ever played at powerforward? I saw him in for a few minutes, but didn't remember if I saw him teamed up with Yao.</div>

The few times he was in the game, I think he was either paired with Padgett or Mo Taylor. He never plays alongside a legitimate center.

In 8 minutes, he got 3 boards (2 offensive) and 2 assists. He hit the only shot he took. I guarantee he'd be a more productive PF than Mo Taylor or Juwan Howard. He provides exactly what we need at the power forward, a strong rebounder who'll crash the offensive glass. Van Gundy said Clarence is the only one of the roster who didn't get a chance. He still hasn't gotten a chance, and that dissapoints me.

14. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">Yao had 14 boards, but there were a few others he should have gotten. And he needs to learn how to block shots. He used to be an intimidating force his rookie season, but now everyone just keeps attacking him and they either draw the foul or get the layup.

</div>

Yeah Yao did bobble the ball quite a bit. I think he could've had 20. Anyways it was a great game. To bad Houston, but great effort. :thumbsup:

15. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

That was a good game, atleast betterr than what we've been doing. Looked like TMAC has decided to take things into his own hands, he was the only one who kept us close. It was another incosistent game by everyone else. We desperatley need to work on the power forward situation.

16. shoeaddict

Andre Barrett picked up alot of slack that lue, ward, and sura couldnt do...hopefully he will be the real answer to pg problems...(he so small he get the easy open three's)..now..we need a pf that can guard a dirk or kg like calibur....

17. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Yao fouling out was really stupid. Dirk traveled, Charged, and Flopped his way into fouling him out. Dirk also went over the back on Sura for a rebound, but you can't say anything about the shooting. That was just.. amazing. Good effort from McGrady, but the final TOs killed us the most. I had Dirk scoring in the 30s, he eclipsed that. 1 man show the whole way, but some improvements from the Rockets none-the-less. I felt good that, even with Yao having an unfair, and bad game, people (McGrady in particular) stepped up to the plate. Barrett and Sura working together with McGrady at the 3 spot was great. Fast paced. We actually had a fast break today. This was the type of basketball (with the exception of Yao's bad game) that we all wanted. Hopefully, we can rebound against the Sixers. Just my 2 cents.

18. samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick JBB JustBBall Member

Forget Yao. Make him the role player to McGrady.

THIS IS MCGRADY'S TEAM

oh yeah... ha ha we won we won. j/k

19. acruz2

acruz2 JBB JustBBall Member

The refs are justing killing Yao. I mean he gets nickel-dimes called on him while he gets mugged on the other end. Something has to be done about this. i mean one of the guards runs into Yao and he gets the foul and it is absolutely BS!

20. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

I like the switch in the lineups...Howard/Sura starting...Padgett/Spoon getting minutes...I like Barrett too...Yao is really disappointing me...he is playing worse than he did even his rookie season...I also like how Van Gundy opened up his offense but the rebounding is horrific...the Rockets do a nice job of stopping the initial option for the other teams offense but usually get burned with the second/third efforts...