Rockets lock up Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by TmacGarnett, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

^^^^^In all due respect, ur underestimating the West. Almost every team is a significant upgrade at PF. Chuck Hayes is a pretty good hustle player, but if we want to play for a championship he shouldn't start.

2. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">^^^^^In all due respect, ur underestimating the West. Almost every team is a significant upgrade at PF. Chuck Hayes is a pretty good hustle player, but if we want to play for a championship he shouldn't start.</div>

True. the west is very good in the PF/SF department, but if Swift leaves in the battier trade. Who do we start? Howard or Hayes?

Either way our PF situation is weak.

3. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">True. the west is very good in the PF/SF department, but if Swift leaves in the battier trade. Who do we start? Howard or Hayes?

Either way our PF situation is weak.</div>
    That's why the draft was so crucial, we could've traded Gay & Swift and got alot more than one role player. But we should start Howard, if he's here by the start of next season. I was thinking we would draft Gay, and trade Swift or Howard for somebody like Jamal Magloire. Then we could use either Swift or Howard (whichever didn't get traded) as a back up PF, and Gay to back up Tmac. But we're stuck with Hayes and Howard at PF now, and virtually worse off than we were at the end of the season (athletic wise)

4. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

lol why did you quote me. I am on your side. i'm against the Rudy gay deal. We lose 2 players for 1. Decreasing our assets to trade with and potentialling killing our depth.