Sixers 2006 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Smitty, Mar 12, 2006.

1. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Can somebody please clear this up?

We have 2 first round picks? And how many second round? 2 or 1

2. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

We do have 2 first round picks? [​IMG]

Unless you meant from C.K's article then no, we just have one first rounder.

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

can someone please explain to me what a conditional second round pick means?

4. Really Lost One

talk about draft here

5. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I want them to take Marcus or Selden Williams.

6. AI2AI888

AI2AI888 JBB JustBBall Member

If somehow we could get rid of Webber (doubt it with his contract), and trade maybe AI for Ben Gordon and their 15th pick (nice dream huh?) and then draft Marcus and Sheldan Williams with 14 and 15 and then a PF like Craig Smith in the 2nd. With us unloading those contracts we could sign a guy like Brevin Knight for one year, with a roster looking like:

PG: Brevin Knight, Marcus Williams, Louis Williams
    SG: Ben Gordon, Willie Green
    SF: Andre Iguodala, Kyle Korver
    PF: Shelden Williams, Craig Smith, Shav Randolph
    C: Sam Dalembert, Steven Hunter

Thats a young team that will be good-great in 2 years. We wont have any fans in the arena until then, but theres a ton of talent of that team.

7. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

To me, like the others are saying, this is a no-brainer. One of the Williams' has to be our pick. If we cannot get rid of Webber, Marcus would be a much better fit for the short term and the long run. We desperately need a true, young point guard who can lead a team, and he sure fits the mold.

8. Really Lost One

Yi Jianlian

i heard the guy declared for the draft. dont know too much about him and i havent seen him play at all, but from what i have read, he is a pretty good player. most all of, he is chinese! and so am i. so i would love to see him in a sixers uni if possible. he is a big and i think we could use him. on nba draft net, they have him going 22nd overall, but i think the guy can develope into a great player.

the weird thing is, is that on his profile, they dont have a right birthdate year. it says 84-87. wtf? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Strengths: Unlike other Chinese big men like Yao Ming or Wang Zhizhi, Yi is extremely athletic ... very good body type, long arms and big hands ... hasn't stopped growing yet, is projected to reach 7-2 ... great stamina ... nice ball handler and passer, some say he's able to play all 5 positions ... he has great speed at running the floor, jumps really quick and can dunk 360s ... amazing rebounder, anticipates well ... great defender, excellent shot blocker ... left hander with decent range ... develops more and more low post skills, like a jump hook ... intelligent player, knows how to use his physics ... battled fellow Draft prospect Ha Seung-Jin to a standstill, although Ha has almost three years, three inches and 70 pounds on Yi ... at the age of 15 he literally dominates 18-19 years old players, as he did at the Junior World Championships in Greece ... if you think of how good he'll be by the time he enters the NBA Draft (likely 2006 or later), it's hard to image he'd be something other than the first pick overall

Weaknesses: Still raw, because he didn't play organized basketball till the age of 13 ... has to learn the fundamentals of the game ... unpolished yet, especially on the offensive end ... needs to refine his post moves ... too thin to hold a place in the paint, needs to develop muscles ... questions about his real age, some say he was born in 1985

9. Really Lost One

ok. so apparently we have no 2nd round pics. wtf. im kind of confused here.......

10. Really Lost One

No Luck At All for Sixers, We Lose Yet Again

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The 76ers lost a random draw with the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets yesterday, decreasing their already slim chances to win the top pick in the 2006 NBA draft.

The Sixers have six chances out of 1,000, or the 13th-best chance, to win the top pick in the draft lottery on May 23.

There were six other random draws yesterday between teams that finished with identical records. Charlotte defeated Atlanta; Minnesota topped Boston; Houston topped Golden State; Chicago beat Indiana; Sacramento beat Denver; and New Jersey won over Memphis.

Portland has the best chance to win the lottery, with 250 chances out of 1,000.

The draft is June 28.

</div>

link: http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14403406.htm

didnt we also lose the random draw in the 04 draft? this team just has no luck at all [​IMG]

11. Really Lost One

on nba draft net, they have the sixers with the 13th overall pick, picking mardy collins. discuss. also, can someone please sticky this?

12. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Sixers should draft Patrick O'Bryant, he'll be a very good player down the road. He's a project somewhat right now, but he's got stud written all over him. Mobile big man that IMO, is going to be just like Marcus Camby, or you can go with some local talent in Randy Foye or Mardy Collins, both are combo guards that will help you guys out.

13. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If we get either Carney or Foye I will jump for joy. I love both these guys they have so many different dimensions to their games, and both have all star potential written all over them. If we get Collins I think it will be more of a hometown pick than anything. Although, a talented tall point guard Collins has not shown the ability to be a NBA “star” from the reports I have seen everyone is projecting him to be a great role player in the future, but nothing more.

14. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

^Yeah. Personally if they go for a tall point guard I'd rather get a guy like Ronnie Brewer(or did he pull out?). But a PF is still #1 on my list in the draft.

<u>My top 10 possible draft choices</u>

1. Shelden Williams
    2. Marcus Williams
    3. Rodney Carney
    4. Cedric Simmons
    5. Patrick O'Bryant
    6. Ronnie Brewer
    7. Randy Foye
    8. Jordan Farmar
    9. Shawne Williams
    10. Rajon Rondo

15. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

^Yeah. Personally if they go for a tall point guard I'd rather get a guy like Ronnie Brewer(or did he pull out?). But a PF is still #1 on my list in the draft.

<u>My top 10 possible draft choices</u>

1. Shelden Williams
    2. Marcus Williams
    3. Rodney Carney
    4. Cedric Simmons
    5. Patrick O'Bryant
    6. Ronnie Brewer
    7. Randy Foye
    8. Jordan Farmar
    9. Shawne Williams
    10. Rajon Rondo

16. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Cedric Simmons

What do you think about drafting this guy? He seems pretty nice, wouldn't mind either him or Shelden.

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

NBA Comparison: Nene

Strengths: Talented bigman with great length and fluidity ... Tremendous shot blocker due to his huge wingspan (7'4") and quick leaping ability ... Disruptive and active defensively ... Has the size to play center and power forward on the next level ... Uses back to the basket post moves and is showing great progress in his ability to score posting up ... Has developed an effective jump hook ... Displays solid toughness inside. Does not shy away from contact ... Plays hard, good energy ... Terrific rebounder due to his long arms and leaping ability ... Has great hands ... Very fast in the open court, great transition player ... Tremendous feet, his foot speed allows him to rebound out of position and cover a lot of ground defensively ... His body is on it's way. When he adds another 10-15 pounds, he's going to be very tough to contend with inside ... Attacks the basket well ... Has good touch around the basket ... Solid free throw shooter who showed great improvement from his freshman year ... Still very raw, but has great upside and a willingness to work hard to improve ... Vision and passing skills are above average for a post ...

Weaknesses: Still developing offensively ... Lacks great range and a consistent jump shot from any distance ... Offensive game is still a work in progress ... Shows excellent flashes, but lacks any real go-to moves ... Strength is not a major issue, but he should get stronger to become more effective inside on the next level ... Consistency will improve with experience ... Not a great ball handler. Lacks a real face the basket game, but has the shooting touch to add 12-15 foot jumpshot ... His court sense and feel for the game can improve ...

17. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

18. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

That thread is dead, lol.

19. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<font color=""Red"">***Threads Merged***</font>

I'd pass on Cedric Simmons. He's too inconsistent to get a good read on. It's not always true, but usually, players who are inconsistent are that way because they lack a work ethic.

Besides, if Shannon Brown stays in the draft, which it looks like he might, then I'd definitely take him. There's actually the rumor floating around that the 76'ers have more or less guaranteed him their pick, which is why it looks like he may be staying in the draft now. That'd be a hell of a steal.

20. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

I'd love to get my hands on Shannon Brown, especially with A.I. likely on his way out of town. If we can do the rumored deal that Chad Ford has us pulling the trigger on (AI for Hawks 1st + Harrington + Childress) then I'd really like our lineup if we can take a guy like Cedric Simmons, Shelden Williams, or LaMarcus Aldridge with our top five pick from Atlanta.

PG - Speedy Claxton (Free Agency)
    SG - Shannon Brown (Draft)
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    PF - Chris Webber
    C - Samuel Dalembert/Cedric Simmons (Draft)
    6th - John Salmons
    7th - Josh Childress

PICK SHANNON BROWN!!!