SUPER BOWL XLII: New York Giants (13-6) vs New England Patriots (18-0)

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Dissonance19, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Man that was one of the most exciting Superbowl's in a long time! This is right up there with the Rams v. Titans game! I'm so excited the Patriots lost!!!!

2. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    my second favourite SB, besides XL!

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Justice is served. All this time I have been hearing about how karma would eventually catch up to the Patriots, and well, karma did come! Later than expected, but in the end, karma still rules

4. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Justin Tuck was a BEAST too, he was a man possessed.

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smitty @ Feb 3 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Justin Tuck was a BEAST too, he was a man possessed.</div>
    Eagles should have drafted him, Ahmad Bradshaw, Steve Smith, and etc. etc.

Man looking at all these Giant rookies stepping up and making these plays really makes me jealous. Just shows us how poor the Eagles are at drafting. Half of our rookies don't even contribute, when on the Giants, you have unknown receivers catching improbably 50 yard bombs.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Justin Tuck is a future star. Eli Manning's actually lived up to that ridiculous draft day trade.

Anyone else see the Junior Seau interview after the game? That was some major schadenfreude for me. I was cracking up.

7. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Jerry Reese is the greatest GM in history.

All his draft picks came up huge, every FA he signed came up huge, every coach he hired came up huge, he traded Ryan Grant for a 4th round pick and nobody thinks he made a mistake, both his long snappers are rookies and made two huge tackles in the last minute of the Super Bowl to ice the game and he signed Justin Tuck to a cap-friendly long term extension about six weeks ago.

The guy is King Midas in Armani.

8. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 3 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Justin Tuck is a future star. Eli Manning's actually lived up to that ridiculous draft day trade.

Anyone else see the Junior Seau interview after the game? That was some major schadenfreude for me. I was cracking up.</div>

Lol man what happened with Seau?

When Fox interviewed Belichick after the game you could tell he just finished crying the way he was talking.

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

OK, anyone else see that commercial with the Dolphins on the NFL Network? lol...

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Feb 4 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 3 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Justin Tuck is a future star. Eli Manning's actually lived up to that ridiculous draft day trade.

Anyone else see the Junior Seau interview after the game? That was some major schadenfreude for me. I was cracking up.</div>

Lol man what happened with Seau?

When Fox interviewed Belichick after the game you could tell he just finished crying the way he was talking.
    </div>
    He must've been just crying, because his voice was totally gone.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 4 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OK, anyone else see that commercial with the Dolphins on the NFL Network? lol...</div>

Aw damn I would have loved to see that.

Looks like Seau and Belichick have the same condition then...

12. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

You guys are cruel, wait to the Hawks win a championship, Imma show no mercy on you guy!

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Feb 4 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Feb 4 2008, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OK, anyone else see that commercial with the Dolphins on the NFL Network? lol...</div>

Aw damn I would have loved to see that.

Looks like Seau and Belichick have the same condition then...
    </div>

You can see the commercial right here. It's really funny.

14. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ Feb 4 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can see the commercial right here. It's really funny.</div>

lol thats amazing.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Feb 4 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ Feb 4 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You can see the commercial right here. It's really funny.</div>

lol thats amazing.
    </div>

That reminds me, Mercury Morris was also dissing Parcells for crowning the Pats before the playoffs in ESPN's special of best teams of all-time. ESPN was so stupid for doing that, Mercury is the man.

16. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Republican @ Feb 3 2008, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gettin' ready 4 the parade [​IMG]</div>

OMG, how funny your comment is! So, you will be in downtown New York tomorrow?

17. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Wow what a match. They showed this live over here, although by the time it finished it was about 3:30SM and i had school lol. This is the first AF match I've seen all the way through and i was gripped. I was rooting for the Giants from the start as i always like the underdog to win unless one of my teams are competing e.g. Arsenal, Nets, Cowboys etc. That catch by Tyree was astounding. When i came over from DYC to here i was dead set against AF but now i see it is a very enjoyable sport.

18. Jizzy

Jizzy Capo Status

tyree had an underrated performance

19. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

What's this "Eazy E" stuff? Where were you "fans" in week 10?

And to all the people who said "I told you they would lose" it took you 19 weeks. Screw off with that.

The Patriots lost and I can accept that. The Giants deserved it. It's sad how classless the Giants fans are being. Acting like you've never won a game before.

20. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Some thoughts on the game:

. I was talking to my dad about how the Giants offensive line was getting absolutely no credit. Eli was sacked once or twice the entire game and that was because of his receivers running shitty routes. The defensive line really did nothing and it was Adalius Thomas that was getting past the backs blocking and making plays. I'm so sad that they lost but it's just a football game and they're still a good team next year regardless of whether or not Moss comes back. I just don't wanna go undefeated again. There was way too much pressure on the players from the fans and the media to finish it. It was the super bowl they needed to win, not 19-0. We lost because of defensive lapses and Brady being pressured and not being able to step up in the pocket. Randy Moss gets double teamed every game. It isn't double coverage that's gonna stop the big play, it's shutting down the little guys like Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker and putting pressure on Tom Brady, not allowing him to step up in the pocket.

The Giants deserved to win but I don't think Eli deserved MVP. Tuck deserved MVP and will be the best player on the Giants and an all-pro in the future.