Politics Ukraine / Russia

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Hoopguru, Jan 20, 2022.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

2. SlyPokerDog

3. SlyPokerDog

4. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I believe it's a serious threat also. And the USA response seems very blah. The best hope is that it will stimulate S Korea to start sending ammo and their very good military equipment to Ukraine. Also Ukraine is already sending out messages in Korean language letting them know they will be safe and well fed if they surrender. For some it might be a chance to live and also to never have to go back to N. Korea.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

BRIC summit did not go well for Russia. Even China opposed escalating war in Ukraine, while Brazilian president called for Russia to initiate peace talks and withdrawal.

Delegates had to carry wads of cash because, due to international sanctions, credit cards can't be used in Russia. Coca cola is unavailable, they had to drink an inferior Russian cola. And tight security measures resulted in periodic blackouts.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

You just listed everything that Russia has basically demanded since the beginning, and will now soon be getting.
    The fact you have managed to somehow spin it in the opposite direction as bad for them is actually impressive.
    They will leave with the land they have seized, with no further escalations and the US scrapping their proxy war with Ukraine as a puppet. Ukraine has sent half a million of their young men to die and will have nothing to show for it. They will be cut up and sold off to the highest bidders. It’s a monumental loss.

beast blazer likes this.
  7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

If you aren't for stopping Russian expansion this is what you're supporting.

8. jonnyboy

Um, look around your own country bud.
    Reddit threads with a couple anecdotal examples of bad behavior doesn’t mean you somehow support beating women if you don’t support ongoing war in Ukraine. You’ve managed to try and guilt trip people into sharing your opinion by linking two completely unrelated things.
    I can usually at least see where you’re coming from even when we disagree, but this is just silly.

9. Phatguysrule

Domestic violence is not legal in this country bud.

10. jonnyboy

Or in Russia. I edited my original post to better convey.

11. Phatguysrule

It is legal in Russia. Unless they have to go to the hospital. So you can beat them as much as you want as long as you don't let them go to the hospital.

Beating your wife to death with your fist get you 8 years.

Those posts have sources.

But I'm sure your comrades appreciate you defending the motherland.

12. jonnyboy

Gotcha. So it is in fact illegal. What you’re saying is it isn’t prosecuted severely enough. I agree.

Let’s not be hyperbolic and use our little anecdote we found to berate people for not supporting the same disastrous foreign policy decisions as you.

13. Phatguysrule

No. Domestic violence in Russia is not illegal. It only becomes a crime when they are admitted to the hospital.

So no, it is legal to be violent with your spouse in Russia. You are perfectly within your rights to beat the living shit out of them as long as they don't go to the hospital.

The neighbors can see. The police can see. And everything is acceptable in Russia. You have broken no crime. They have no legal grounds to punish you for that. That video you just watched was a perfectly legal action in Russia. As long as she doesn't die or go to the hospital.

Once again, your defense of that is very telling.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2024 at 12:58 PM
  14. jonnyboy

How did i defend it? All I was doing is pointing out how silly it is for you to use it to make a completely irrelevant point.
    “You don’t support every war the State Department eggs on so you are with the woman beaters!!”
    Just ridiculous. This is extremely low vibrational propaganda. Gotta do better than that to sway anyone with a brain.

15. Phatguysrule

Lol. I love that you have make a completely unrelated quote in order to defend russia against my critiques.

You have to lie and say that the US is the same as Russia regarding domestic violence. Which it very clearly is not. And you fet nowhere.

So then you just have to make up stuff that's not true in order to keep defending Putin.