Politics White Nationalist Rally turns to violence and terrorism

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

It appears when one side is losing they will go to any extreme to counter and prevent losing. This kind of strategy sickens me. It shouldnt though because Ive known for most of my life that politicians will say anything to get elected and then change course.
    Its that since the extremes having gotten more powerful now they will do anything to bury the other side. Wont be long and it will be the Sunnis and Shia right her in good old USA.
    The extremist, its their ideology that parallels religion.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Jesus fucking Christ you pick the strangest hills to die on.

Should Nazis and racists be allowed to voice their opinions? Sure. Within in reason but sure. But yes, they should have the rights which they themselves would and historically have denied others.

Should they have a voice in any major political party in this country? FUCK NO!

If you were to run for mayor of Canby and suddenly all of the fucking pedos in this state publicly supported you, campaigned for you, donated to you and you did nothing IMO that makes you just as bad as them.

There is no room for Nazi and white supremacists in our political system. PERIOD.

There is no middle ground on this. PERIOD.

You bet your damn ass I have moral authority over Nazis and white supremacists. They're fucking giant pieces of shit.

Nazis and white supremacists feel that they have a home and a voice in today's modern Republican party. That is sick. It was sick 100 years ago when they had a voice in the Democrat party and it's even sicker now.

calvin natt, ehizzy3, RR7 and 6 others like this.
  3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Have i ever let on that i think they (racists, kkk, etc)should hold any political power or seat at any political table? If so please show me, as I'm sure there is a misunderstanding. Otherwise, I've never refuted anything you just said, so I'm not sure about this hill I'm dieing on?…unless…

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Nazis are serial killers and racists.....Fred Trump attended their rally in 1939 in Madison Square garden before we entered the war....America had a ton of Nazi sympathizers due to the fact that many americans were racist then and a lot still are....they have no defense or place in our politics other than as a wall of shame...they did not cause arguments in S2....they caused genocide and lynched minorities ...created what we now know as "white privilege".....there's simply no inclusive footing they deserve in a free country....they don't believe in our freedoms...they only believe in white freedoms

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

you conflated their rally with the division of S2's political debates and culture...which is wrong in my view...Sly's right...you didn't think this through well OB...and it's ok to walk it back...you should in my view...move on and put those whack jobs in the light they deserve to be viewed through. Nazi's aren't conservatives battling liberals...they are a cult of hate...if we start teaching kids their hate in public schools it'll be an insult to all who died to defeat the Nazi's when they tried to conquer the world the first two times.

Phatguysrule and SlyPokerDog like this.
  6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I'm not sure what you mean. When did i ever say we should teach thier beliefs or hatred?
    As a matter of fact i was saying dont give them that attention.
    Im not understanding what there is to walk back. Im not saying the rally sparked anything. Im saying the comments in the thread was the spark of division.

7. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

Time to merge this thread with the Ford sucks thread.... (As old Henry was a Nazi supporter)

8. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I truly don't understand how you're you're disagreeing with anybody in this thread.

They are anti Nazis. Anti white supremacy. Anti violence and terrorism.

If you're opposed to those things just say so and stop arguing about it...

Voodoo likes this.
  9. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I think Phatguysrule inferred from your statement about being infuriated which he should not have done. He should have checked with you first. But it's not the worst offense I've seen.

10. Lanny

This whole thing is seriously devolving. If it were me, I'd let it drop.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  11. Phatguysrule

I understand your point, and I appreciate it. However, I don't feel that my line of thinking is at all controversial.

I simply inferred from his insistence that the white supremacists had the right to be there, and the right to speak their mind, that he thought somebody was advocating for the restriction of those rights.

If so, I was trying to understand why he thought that.

If nobody advocated for restrictions then there is no reason to advocate for a right everybody already knows and supports.

I'm still confused as to how this can be at all controversial.

You either support violence, terrorism, and/or hate or you don't.

If you don't support those things, and don't want to be called out for supporting those things, then don't publicly defend the actions of people who are supporting those things.

It seems very simple to me. Unless somebody specifically proposed a restriction on freedom of assembly or freedom of speech, advocating for those things in this thread (and refusing to discuss why) just seems like a straw man argument to distract against the real issues.

SlyPokerDog and RR7 like this.
  12. Lanny

White Supremacists should not have been there and were not wanted there by the locals even the locals who wanted the statues to remain did not want the White Supremacists there. Period, exclamation point.

Phatguysrule and SlyPokerDog like this.
  13. Phatguysrule

Exactly. There is no middle ground. White Supremacists should not be tolerated. They should be shouted down and made to feel foolish for their insane views.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

LOL…

15. Lanny

Whatever else, I know you to be a good person and would raise my beer as a toast to that fact anytime.

16. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You've seen the former leader of the proud boys right?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  18. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

No

19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

@Orion Bailey

I understand what you are saying in that all Americans are free to think and believe what they want. Sure they are. There is a right to free speech sure. A right to peaceful assembly.

I get that is all you were saying. I don't think you were trying to defend white supremacists or agree with their rhetoric or ideologies.

But, it goes beyond that. Just because they are allowed to believe it, doesn't mean it should tolerated. Because what they believe is not ok.

Hate speech is not free speech. Their assembly is not peaceful. And, I'm not just talking about their fights with Antifa and such or even the assault rifles alit of them carry around in public to intimidate others.

I'm talking about the flags they brandish and what those flags stand for. Their ideologies preaching superiority of one race over all others. They seek genocide of all other races. That's not peaceful. Nothing peaceful about it.

I'm sorry if you think everyone against that is treating them unfairly. Tough.

I don't care if they believe it. There are always going to be people believing fucked up shit. But, when it threatens to become main stream, when a person who supports them is elected to the highest power and other leaders in our government are buying into it, lending credence to these hateful ideologies, it can't be tolerated.

And, you can argue well the other side gets to believe what they want and don't get attacked for it. Well, for one we are under attack from the right and often.

Two, look at what the left is protesting for. Equality for everyone. BLM matter is about equality. Something good, not hateful.

And, if you want to bring in the riots. That's mostly Antifa who just wants chaos. All of that breaking windows and starting of fires and all that bs shouldn't be tolerated either and isn't ok.

20. Chris Craig

You gotta be bullshitting me

Go look at Enrique Tarrio