Wizards @ 76ers PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Courtking, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How did the game end? Game winner?</div>

With like 3 seconds to go, Washingtons ball, they inbounded and Iverson took it right away from Gilbert Areanas for the winner. Incredible.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">How did the game end? Game winner?</div>
    Arenas was pick pocketed by Iverson on the inbounds play with about 5 seconds left and drove it in for a layup..sloppy play by Arenas..

Question for those who saw the game..how did Jarvis Hayes play besides those 2 clutch 3's he had?

3. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

This is one of the things that scare me about this team. Most of the time we can not play with a lead we are like what the knicks use to be. When it comes playoff time, and we are not able to hold on to big leads it may cost us.

4. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">This is one of the things that scare me about this team. Most of the time we can not play with a lead we are like what the knicks use to be. When it comes playoff time, and we are not able to hold on to big leads it may cost us.</div>
    Wizards came back but scary thing is that Philly didn't use Kenny Thomas and Glenn Robinson,now that we trade them and get a better player(s) in return and then we could be something very good.

5. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^^Trade Kenny and G-Rob?

6. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hoggamill:</div><div class="quote_post">^^Trade Kenny and G-Rob?</div>
    Kenny isn't playing and seems like he's the same for O'Brien as Darko to Larry Brown.(By giving minutes to them)
    Glenn isn't playing cause O'Brien doesn't want,they're both in his doghouse so I can't see them staying.

7. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Yeah Kenny seemed pissed after the win against Boston. He was saying like "A coach NEVER told me I can`t play defense." Something like that...didn`t look good.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I just saw highlights on NBA TV and it looked like a pretty good game. Too bad I missed it [​IMG]

9. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">[IMGl]http://cache.nba.com/media/sixers/iverson1_170_041126.jpg[/IMGl]Iverson stole Hayes' inbounds pass and drove for a layup with just two-tenths of a second left in overtime, giving the Philadelphia 76ers to a 116-114 victory over the Washington Wizards.

Before his second game-winning shot this month, Iverson cut in front of Gilbert Arenas, stole the ball and beat him downcourt for the go-ahead hoop.

"I kind of figured that they were trying to give Gilbert the ball, so they could get some kind of penetration from him," Iverson said. "It seemed like Hayes couldn't get the ball in and he (got) kind of panicky. I just stayed as close (to Arenas) as I could. Once Hayes threw it, my eyes lit up. I knew I had it."

Despite his share of shooting difficulties after a 16-point first half, Iverson produced 28 points on 9-of-26 shooting and 13 assists without a turnover.

"I'm happy that I didn't get any turnovers," Iverson said. "I know with the game that I play, I'm going to get turnovers. I play so aggressive. If I turn it over, so be it. I just don't want it over five turnovers a game."</div>

<div align="center">Recap</div>
    <div align="center">Box Score</div>
    <div align="center">Postgame Notes</div>
    <div align="center">____________________</div>
    <div align="center">McKIe Activated, Ollie to Injured List</div>

What can I say? Great and very deserving win by/for the 76ers. The starting lineup of Iverson, Iguodala, Korver, Davis and Jackson is really something. If this lineup continues to produce like this for the next couple games or so, this should be the definite starting lineup.

As for the main attraction Allen Iverson, what more can you say? He had a bad shooting night however, he was able to get to the line and dish out 12 dimes without one single mistake. Aside, from his shooting woes, I would say that this is one of Iverson best performances. He came up clutch, scored the ball, pass the ball and even managed to grab 5 rebounds and yet not one single mistake.

And then there is Kyle Korver a.k.a The 2nd Option. After this performance, I think he should unanimously be voted as the team 2nd option. To be honest I don't what to say about his performance this afternoon. 26 Points and 8 Boards. Wow.

Next up, Orlando Magic.

10. dond

dond JBB JustBBall Member

Korver is showing how good of a basketball player he is in every game he plays. He rebounds, makes strong defensive plays, takes charges, steals, drives to the basket, mid-range jump shots, and THE 3 BALL. He is just very solid. This team is going to be a force once the playoffs begin. This team is tough minded and they never give in.

11. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">
    What can I say? Great and very deserving win by/for the 76ers. The starting lineup of Iverson, Iguodala, Korver, Davis and Jackson is really something. If this lineup continues to produce like this for the next couple games or so, this should be the definite starting lineup.

As for the main attraction Allen Iverson, what more can you say? He had a bad shooting night however, he was able to get to the line and dish out 12 dimes without one single mistake. Aside, from his shooting woes, I would say that this is one of Iverson best performances. He came up clutch, scored the ball, pass the ball and even managed to grab 5 rebounds and yet not one single mistake.

And then there is Kyle Korver a.k.a The 2nd Option. After this performance, I think he should unanimously be voted as the team 2nd option. To be honest I don't what to say about his performance this afternoon. 26 Points and 8 Boards. Wow.

Next up, Orlando Magic.</div>

that line-up should not STAY. THis line-up works against smaller teams in the Eastern conference, but is this line-up really gonig to work against a team such as the Pistons? I don't think that Josh Davis will do very well against some one like Sheed. This is a good line-up for now against eastern small teams, but against large teams such as the Pistons or Spurs this line-up will NOT work.

Kyle Korver did the best during the course of the game, getting 26 points very nicely. I don't think any one really had faith in Kyle Korver as the 2nd option this season. The only one I think he really really wanted him to stay was That NBA girl I think. Well he proved to be a valuable partner to Iverson. IVerson of course got all the glory for his buzzer beater lay-up steal at the end. 2 game winners in 1 month without ever having a gamewinner in his career before. What a year for AI.

12. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dond:</div><div class="quote_post">Korver is showing how good of a basketball player he is in every game he plays. He rebounds, makes strong defensive plays, takes charges, steals, drives to the basket, mid-range jump shots, and THE 3 BALL. He is just very solid. This team is going to be a force once the playoffs begin. This team is tough minded and they never give in.</div>
    How will this team be a force if they struggle to keep a lead? Teams that make a force dont struggle to keep a lead, they get the lead and keep it, they hold of runs, they shut down other teams...this team does not do that.

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

After Harpring, Van Horn, and Big Dog, is K squared the real answer with Iverson?

14. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">How will this team be a force if they struggle to keep a lead? Teams that make a force dont struggle to keep a lead, they get the lead and keep it, they hold of runs, they shut down other teams...this team does not do that.</div>
    ...Said the Wizard fan [​IMG]

15. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

That`s cool, at Sixers.com you can listen to radio voice Tom McGinnis call the winning shot. I rather have Marc Zumoff. "HE WON THE GAME! HE WON THE GAME! DO YOU LOVE THIS GAME?!". Gives me chills!

16. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

^^ Haha yeah. I was so mad too that on SportsCenter, they had the DC announcer and not Marc. =[

17. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Marc is the best announcer in the game, he gets so into it it's amazing. As for the game, I didn't see the game but how can Kenny Thomas not play?!? He was a double-double machine last year and now the last 2 games he has played a 3 minutes TOTAL! I did hear the end of regulation on the radio, Marc Jackson got fouled and had to make one free throw to seal it, then he bricks them both, if we would have lost we would all be blaming Marc for not hitting them, but we don't have to worry about that [​IMG] .

From the looks it looks like Iguodala was in some serious foul (5) trouble, only 16 minutes and you can tell he wasn't in a lot because Jamison dropped 27. Also Korver is now more then just a shooter coming off the bench, he is a player, can play D, and rebound (had a team high 8).

Hopefully we can keep this up against the Magic [​IMG]

18. Erin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtKing:</div><div class="quote_post">Marc is the best announcer in the game, he gets so into it it's amazing. As for the game, I didn't see the game but how can Kenny Thomas not play?!? He was a double-double machine last year and now the last 2 games he has played a 3 minutes TOTAL! I did hear the end of regulation on the radio, Marc Jackson got fouled and had to make one free throw to seal it, then he bricks them both, if we would have lost we would all be blaming Marc for not hitting them, but we don't have to worry about that [​IMG] .

From the looks it looks like Iguodala was in some serious foul (5) trouble, only 16 minutes and you can tell he wasn't in a lot because Jamison dropped 27. Also Korver is now more then just a shooter coming off the bench, he is a player, can play D, and rebound (had a team high 8).

Hopefully we can keep this up against the Magic [​IMG]</div>

On SportsRise on Comcast, they did a thing on that. O'Brien explained why. However, I fell back asleep and missed it, lol.

19. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

^^I missed it to. What did O`Brien say?

20. Erin

Here we go...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The coach wanted a higher level of intensity at the start, not to mention a lower field-goal percentage by the opponents. With Iverson back after a one-game injury absence, Willie Green - who had started at the point in the previous game - also went to the bench.

"That's not to pin it on Willie or Kenny, it just meant the unit I had just wasn't clicking," O'Brien said. "We were on a three-game losing streak. You can't remain status quo."

Thomas knew he didn't feel the same comfort level as during the final 30 games of last season under interim coach Chris Ford, when Thomas said, "coach Ford let us all play. We shared the ball real well. Everybody saw that. We still almost made the playoffs. Everybody saw that. Coming in to this season, I thought it was going to be kind of the same."

He knew he was struggling (now shooting 12-for-44 in the last six games), but he hadn't thought it would come to this.

"So he's basically saying I wasn't bringing any intensity?" Thomas said. "...So it's pretty much me then. He said the unit, but, hey, I'm not in the starting lineup."

Later, Thomas said: "I've never shot this bad in my career. He's the coach. He's got to do what he's got to do to win games. I played 3 minutes. I'm going to come out there and play hard every night. I did it for every other coach I've had. I'm going to do what I've got to do. I did it for [former Sixers coach] Larry Brown."
    </div>

Full Story.

Here's another bit:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">After playing just three minutes in Wednesday's 110-97 victory over Boston, power forward Kenny Thomas never got off the Sixers' bench yesterday.

Thomas, who started the first 10 games, is now the No. 3 power forward in coach Jim O'Brien's rotation, behind Josh Davis and Corliss Williamson. O'Brien said there are usually only minutes for two players at each position.

"Right now, our starting [power] forward is Josh Davis and our best power forward, I think, is Corliss Williamson," O'Brien said. "It's nothing derogatory to Kenny."
    </div>

Full Story.